New Negative Behavior

Guest Celestrina

Guest Celestrina

Angie counter surfed once the first we got her back in July of last year (a.k.a. "The Mystery of the Disappearing Meatballs"). She did it again earlier this week and successfully snatched a chicken. <_< She threw it up shortly afterward and amazingly didn't get the big D; she is usually quite sensitive to chicken. Tonight she seemed very interested in our ham. Now back to breaking this habit.

Pocket door on one end of the kitchen, tall gate on the other.

:)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Pocket door on one end of the kitchen, tall gate on the other.

:)

Can someone please remind me to keep that dang pocket door shut at my house?

Geesh, I can hear Diamond in the kitchen and sure enough, I forgot to shut the pocket door

duh

:rofl

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

I've found that breaking humans of the habit of leaving food unattended and unsecured in the kitchen is, indeed, difficult....

nod.gif

f64.gifrofl.gif

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

Guest KennelMom

I've found that breaking humans of the habit of leaving food unattended and unsecured in the kitchen is, indeed, difficult....

:lol: Point taken.

;) 9 years and 30 greyhounds later, Ken and I still forget. :blush Our new house actually has the dogs gated out of the kitchen 24/7. The behavior is just so rewarding for the dogs. Plus, it's kinda like putting a bowl of candy in front of a three year old and telling them not to take any when you leave the room. Heck, I think Candid Camera proved that you can't even leave most adults alone with a tempting treat :lol

Good luck :)

This human was unable to be taught to keep the counters cleared. I do better about keeping the gate closed so they can't get in there, but occasionally they get a reinforcement opportunity. B)

And then there is the person (who shall remain nameless, but it WASN'T ME! :lol :lol :lol ) who once absentmindedly gated his/her dog INTO the kitchen with a nice roast. I believe dinner was cereal that night ......

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

well said, NOTHING can be left out- on the counter, candy dishes, on the table, on the mantel of your fireplace, in your pocketbook(gum,candy), on the front seat of your car. all food is fair game!

OH, DON'T LEAVE THE DISH TOWEL ON THE HANDLE OF THE FRIDGE :rolleyes:

And then there is the person (who shall remain nameless, but it WASN'T ME! :lol :lol :lol ) who once absentmindedly gated his/her dog INTO the kitchen with a nice roast. I believe dinner was cereal that night ......

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Edited by cleptogrey

Once I left 3 cans of green beans on the kitchen counter (the only things on the counters) and came home to find them all on the floor in various rooms :unsure Not sure what she got from that but I then realized she was never going to change her habits :french and thus the gate.