Nose Bleed

Guest MikeM

One of our greys had a nose bleed this morning about 2:00a.m. it stopped and she went back to sleep. Around 6:00a.m. all three got up for morning feeding and it started again. She is at the vets now but was wondering if any one else has experienced nose bleeds.

Guest Tiptons_Mom

I am too new to have any advice on the matter, but I wanted you to know that we were sending good thoughts your way. :bighug

Please update when you can.

After a full exam at our local vet they wanted to put her under to do a deeper check in the nose and cloterize if needed. They didn't see anything but during this time she developed some bruising on the inside of her back legs (very small) It was decided we should take her to the local animal emergency center for quicker blood work times and monitoring. So far all tests haven't showen anything and the bruising has gotten a little better. They have a few more tests looking for a tick that doesn't show up in a normal scan. If that doesn't show anything then maybe an ultra sound. Fingers crossed and a big thank you for all the prayers.

Our little girl is doing better. She hasn't had a bleed in 4 days now and the bruising is improving. She did test positive for the tick desease that causes this. Dr Cuoto from OSU did get back in touch with our referral center and said based on the info they provided to him that she had/has a very low dose of the desease. Antibiotics and Vitamine K is the treatment and it seems to be working. Her platelet count this morning was 160000 up from a low of 104000. Another count in a week so fingers crossed.

Good to read your girl is doing better! I hope she continues to improve.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Trying to catch up and saw this pop up more than once. Welcome to GT! Sorry it was under these circumstances, but it sounds like everything is headed in the right direction. GT is the best sight with the best people! You know, it would be ok if you posted some pictures of your little girl now that she's better. Hope you see nothing but improvement.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead