Be Careful What You Ask For

My new boy, Jerry, is one rude dog. He would eat food out of the other dogs' mouths if I let him (I don't--I feed him in his crate).

Today the three greyhounds and I took a very long walk, after which I stopped at a nearby bakery with a sign out front that said "WOOF! Dog treats!" I bought two chicken cookies for each dog.

When we got home, I gave a cookie to Jerry, then Pearl, then Jethro. With the second cookie, I distracted Jerry long enough so that Jethro could eat his cookie without interruption. Pearl is a much slower eater, though, so when Jerry saw that half of her cookie was laying on the ground in front of her, he swooped in and snapped it right up.

I couldn't let that go without comment, so I lightly smacked Jerry with the flat of my hand on the top of his butt and said (in the Voice of God) "HEY! Knock that off RIGHT NOW! That's NOT YOURS."

Jerry immediately backed away from Pearl, turned around, hung his head, and proceeded to puke up Pearl's cookie, his cookie, and part of his breakfast. Then he raised his head and looked at me as if to say "Is this what you wanted?"

I gave him permission to re-consume both cookies. Sigh. (Meanwhile, Pearl got her second cookie AND Jerry's second cookie.) :lol

I hate when that happens :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

That'll learn ya! At least you'll never have to go the charcoal/peroxide route. tongue.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Tiptons_Mom

Yikes, I will keep this in mind for the next time I yell to stop Titpon from eating the kitty food. :repuke

Edited by Tiptons_Mom