Those With Multiples

Over the past 2-3 months I come to a large amount of urine in the kitchen. They both had a senior panel this past fall as part of their physical. How do you determine which one is having the accidents. I assume a diabetes was done as part of the recent labs.

Guest KennelMom

You don't unless you catch them in the act.

Yep.

Like the above said, if they're boys, you can belly band. You could put diapers on the girls, but I've always found them awkward and hard to keep on...we've used them when a girl's been in season before and they're almost more trouble than they're worth.

If it's happening when you're gone, you can try separating them until you come home to a puddle. We usually crate one a time until we find our pee'r.

We've had a diabetic greyhound and if were diabetes, you should be seeing other signs and it'd be pretty easy to catch when you were home. They'd be drinking a LOT more water and pee'ing a LOT more in the house....also probably weight loss. We had similar symptoms with our Cushing's dog (pee accidents, water consumption...but it was easy to pick up on those behaviors right away). Could just be a simple UTI.

Edited by KennelMom

I've set up my camcorder before.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Well, I have two and can usually tell because of the pattern...round = Claire, more oblong w/spray = Carl. Not so easy to tell when you've got two girls. It seems like a couple of years ago someone posted the same question and someone actually had an answer which required the use of some sort of urine testing sticks. Does anyone remember that?

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014