May Have Eaten A Marker

Razzy, now known as the Little Michevious Miss, may have eaten a small dry erase marker this morning. She took & chewed 3 pen caps this morning, and while I was cleaning everything up, I noticed one of the small dry erase markers from my message board was gone. I searched pretty well and could'nt find it, so of course my fear is she ate the whole thing. I had to come into work, and will be able to check on her at 2. My hope is she will puke it up. How worried should I be?

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

The ink is probably not an issue since most dry erase markers are non-toxic. The issue is going to be any plastic that she ate and whether it passes through or comes back up. I would want to be there for a while monitoring the pup and not leaving her. If it comes back up, the plastic could obstruct her airway if there are large pieces.

You will also need to montor poop just to make sure that it passes through. Too large of a piece and I would be concerned about an obstruction.

I wouldn't panic, but think she would definitely need to be monitored. Might also be worth a call to your vet just to double check, as they've probably seen this before. I was stunned at how many Google entries there were for Dog Ate Dry Erase Marker. Seems to happen pretty regularly.

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Well, She was fine at lunch; no sign of the pen or any puking. Her other Mumma should be home with her now, and we'll watch her all weekend. I keep hoping I maybe she just hid it somewhere in the house :P

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo

Guest greytbookert

Razzy, please stop worrying your Mums!

Jen, I hope it is nothing... maybe give her a piece of bread to coat her belly from any potential plastic pieces?

Greyhound and Goat. They're both G words and they both eat things that aren't good for them. Annie Bella ate part of a rubber shoe a couple of weeks ago as well as the rawhide lace. Yuck. Vet said to watch her. If she starts to vomit excessively, bring her in. If she doesn't poop, bring her in. Both could indicate an obstruction. Thankfully she vomited everything up in one good upchuck.

About a month ago Annie Bella got into my granddaughter's doll house and pulled out a few things, just to taste, ya know? :eek She ate the feet off the "mommy" doll and my granddaughter (5-1/2 years old) is not happy with this event. Those little feet also came up.

Edited by Feisty49

It is amazing what will pass through these guys. But remember it's possible she did not eat the marker. I would think if she did there would be ink or plastic somewhere. It may have rolled under something. I had that same panic once thinking kevin ate a piece of metal, but he didn't. I hope she's ok!

finalsiggy.jpg

iWell, she's pooping and eating and drinking, no sign yet of the marker. We thought we'd distract her with a new screaming monkey, the whole inside lasted about 60 seconds, and now she's eaten one of his eyes. Hence, her kennel muzzle has been brought back out :angry:

Holy cow she doesn't learn! (Actually she's innocent of the marker crime until proven guilty.)

If she is still eating, drinking, pooping, peeing in whatever way is normal for her, then just watch her poops (be with her to be sure she's going) and inspect them. (FUn!). Then also launc a search for that marker. If you find it you can relax!

finalsiggy.jpg

Guest FordRacingRon

I know I am late coming into this,,but if she ate a marker,,would she not have had marker colors all over he face/lips? By now I am sure everything is done and she is fine.