To Coat Or Not To Coat?

Guest greys4ever

Guest tellybelly

LOL... I'm obsessed with coats for Ginger. Thank goodness she doesn't mind! She sleeps in her jammies now too!

54532fd55015cfd5abc9_26.jpg

Now those jammies look soooo comfy on her.....what a doll! :wub: May I ask who made them?

luv the 4 jammies too :lol We take lexie on long walks ( 1 mile) so anything below 30 she wears her coat. she doesn't mind wearing it and will shake when she is too cold. She hates boots :lol and dh wont let her wear jammies. he says they are embarassing :lol

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

• 2 years later...
Guest pltsou

I hand knit the sweaters for my greyhound and for my local greyhound rescues. I also sell them on my online stores. I was so frustrated because I can't find good quality sweaters for the greyhound body shape (deep chest and long neck). So, this is specifically designed for greyhounds. It's very practical because it can be machine washed. My greyhound loves it, he wears it all the time in the fall/ winter. It makes going out to potty really easy and he even sleeps in them at night.

You can purchase them at my etsy store and I donate the income to the greyhound rescue. I made them so that they are so impressive and can be a conversation piece to talk to strangers about greyhound rescue.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/179619091/handmade-burgundy-greyhound-sweater?

Edited by pltsou

I was adamant about coats on the dogs below 40 at first. June seems fine with coats... Sidney seems annoyed.

Now if it's a quick potty break I let it go and let them out without the coats.

Tonight it's 16 here... I'll probably put the coats on for their 10 PM potty break.

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a fan of the coat. The one I use I got from a greyhound rescue group and its fleece. I find my dog doesn't want to go outside when it's cold with out it. She also does not walk on the leash as nice when it's cold without it. Once the temp is above 50 I usually don't use it.

Edited by KristenMichele

Kristen mom to-

Sp FancyPants (Fanny)- 4.20.12 Adopted 3.8.14

Rico's Maggie (Maggie)- 12.3.12 Adopted 1.21.15

I have found that I tend to use a coat mostly if it's wet, or wet and windy as moisture draws heat away from the body very quickly so they are more likely to get a chill in such weather (and it does rain a lot in the UK!). All of mine have not minded wearing coats and during some very cold snowy weather a few years back Sadi wore her fleece pyjamas with a fleece coat and a waterproof coat on top, she was snuggly! :hehe

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT