Raw Spots On Legs?

Guest BrindleBoy

Guest BrindleBoy

Indy has a couple of what I can only describe as "raw spots" on his legs... very small, one is the size of a pencil eraser, one is more like a long (1") scratch mark... both are pink, with no hair. At first I thought they might be spots where he was nitting/scratching with his teeth a little too hard, but now I'm not sure. I don't have pics yet, I'm one of the unlucky in the NE with no power since saturday, so I'm not even staying at my house, because I have no heat. I will put up pics when as soon as I can. But anyone have any ideas?

I did a search, but I can't search for "raw", as it's only 3 letters, and search requires 4.

are they on the inside of the rear legs? if so, it can be from running. annie gets them there as she scissors and i do keep her nails pretty well trimmed. are they raw unhealed, or red and healing w/o coat? if so, that's what she gets.if raw and it doesn't look like ringworm(that's a fungus btw) then triple antibiotic ointment and leave it alone.

We've got some small reddish spots with no hair around the point of the paw where the base of the toes start. They really aren't open wounds...just red.

They don't seem to get any worse. I assume it is related to the running, etc. that they do.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

George has those on his hind legs. I think it's just because his fur is so sparse on his lower legs and his skin is so dry. They're just abrasions from rubbing on carpet, etc.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest BrindleBoy

One of them I think is definitely a scar. Like a scratch that healed, no hair grows on scar tissue. The other one is what worries me a little. It is on the inside of rear leg. It doesn't look like a scar, almost looks like a smooth wart, if warts were pink. I'll keep an eye on it, make sure it doesn't get any bigger, redder, or doesn't start oozing or something. I'll check back in. Thanks.

Oh, and I'm still not home since my home still does not have power. When I do get home (hopefully today?) I'll post a picture.

Edited by BrindleBoy