Temp 104.8

Lazer has multiple problems... see Aortic Mass thread

He has developed a temp of 104.8

i'm doing cool compresses,, what else can I do????

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

thank you!

started with the cool compress and he feels better already,,

if things persist,, we dunk him in the pool,, temp 92 degrees.. that will cool him off..

then i don't want to drop it too fast, so he'll have to stay outside for a while.. we have turned the AC down to 81 to try and keep Lazer cool

both DH and i are freezing! :lol

oof-da !!! any Norwegians out there?

L-

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Checking on you and your boy this morning.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I keep my A/C on 67

Phx... 100+ out side, means 80's in

i know seems weird to me too but it works,, and the other dogs have their noses tucked under to sleep :lol

Checking on you and your boy this morning.

actually slept thru the night pretty well.

was up once for potty break, and I did another cool compress over his body, his temp at 4 am was 103.2 --- that's closer to normal

i'll keep an eye on it.

Oof-da indeed! Hope he's doing better this morning

Patsy--who lives in Scandihoovian country in NE North Dakota.

yah, suur,, you-betcha! :lol

Guest LindsaySF

Teagan kept spiking fevers during his wound healing. At times I was taking his temp every hour. Keep doing the cool compresses. You can also get a spray bottle and mist his tummy, chest, and paws. Alcohol applied to the paws helps cool them as it evaporates. Also put a fan on him after you wet him down, it helps with evaporation and cooling. Good luck!