Weird Bruise, Lyme Rash Or Something Else?

Guest mhall

Guest mhall

We just discovered a weird little red circle on Emily's side. It wasn't there a few hours ago, and she hasn't bumped her side or lay down on anything weird since we got home this afternoon. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but it's a bright blood red ring with a white center. No breaks in the skin - it's smooth and dry.

emilyrash2.jpg

emilyrash1.jpg

Any ideas what it is? I'm guessing either a very strange bruise or some sort of rash. It doesn't look like the pictures I've seen of lyme rashes, but I can't imagine what she would have hit in the house to end up with a ring shaped bruise. We'll call the vet first thing tomorrow if it gets any larger or looks any more rash-like.

Suggestions appreciated :) Trying to figure out if I should be freaked out or not.

Bug bite.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest tinams8

Bug bite. The first time I saw this my dog had eight of them. I almost had a heart attack! It was black flies then, but I have seen it from other bugs also.

bug bite

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Wink has one similar to Emily's. It comes and goes. The vet is not concerned, this has been an ongoing thing for about 3 years.

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey