Hello From Georgia!

Guest Ledalia

Guest Ledalia

Hi everyone! My husband and I adopted our sweet boy Odin, formerly known as Pak Barqs, almost three months ago from Adopt A Greyhound Atlanta. We live in Athens, GA. Odin has done a fine job adjusting to his new home this summer. He is our only dog but we do have a lot of other animals: four cats, three ferrets, and a rabbit. We made sure he passed the cat test but I wasn't sure how he would get along with our other babies or how they would react to a dog in the house. Luckily he seems to have no prey drive indoors and Hera, our bunny, can hop circles around him without the slightest attention from Odin! (Of course we never leave him with anyone unsupervised) Everyone gets along great. He loves his stuffed elephant Squeek (his racing nickname was Squeeks so it's fitting) and lounging around the house as long as he is in the same room as us. He really enjoys long walks, drives in the car, and exploring new places. We are really in love with this breed and loving every moment of greyhound ownership so far!

Here he is playing with Squeek on the bed (sorry for the blurry and LARGE picture!):

1il946.jpg

Edited by Ledalia

Guest IrskasMom

Welcome to GT :wave:wave:wave and you will be surprised to hear , it will get even better. You are on the right Place for talking about your Grey and any Question you have can be answered by any of this seasoned Greyowners. Welcome

Odin :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Edited by IrskasMom

Welcome...he's very handsome.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hello from up in Canton, Ga!! I also adopted my little girl Garnet from Adopt A Greyhound Atlanta. Odin is one handsome boy! Welcome.

Image removed, not within the Greytalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 20.27 KB (20,760 bytes) file size.

Hi there from Gainesville, FL and welcome to GT! :welcome2

Odin is super-handsome :heart and he sounds like a wonderful fit to your family.

Congratulations!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest avadogner

Welcome Odin and his Mommy from all of us in Birmingham, AL. Greytalk is a wonderful resource for grey info. I wish we has known about it when we adopted our first Ava. I think you find out what all the fuss and cultish adoration is about pretty quick. Feel free to ask questions and keep the pics coming. Congratulations and welcome to Greytalk.

Ava&Augie's Mum

Sqeeeeeeeaks! He is an awesome dog! His racing kennel owner is here on GT wmlcml6, plus a few other B & J fans who've met him. I'll dig around nd see if I have any pictures of him in the racing kennel for you.

Congratulations, you've got yourself a great boy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest wmlcml6

SQUEEKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Janet, for giving me the heads up that Squeeks' family is on GT.

Squeeks/Odin is a great greyhound. He never ever made trouble at the kennel, is as sweet as the day is long, is quiet, playful, and loves people. oh ... and LOVES his milk bones or any other treat you decide to give him! Fortunately for you, the breeder (Eric Frick) raises very well socialized dogs, and we continue that in our racing kennel. Eric also raises pups with the prettiest white teeth I have ever seen. Must be the water in Ohio where they are raised.

Congratulations on getting a really wonderful boy, and thank you for posting so I know he is happy, well cared for, and adored in his new home. We get so attached to them once they walk through our kennel door, and it's hard to let them go but we have to do it.

Hello from up in Canton, Ga!! I also adopted my little girl Garnet from Adopt A Greyhound Atlanta. Odin is one handsome boy! Welcome.

What is Garnet's racing name? She may have been one of ours, too ... in fact, our Garnet is a Pak dog just like Odin.

Guest wmlcml6

When we first brought Odin home he did the same thing. He refused to get on the couch or bed. We tried helping him but he seemed really frightened so we gave up. A few weeks later, one day he just jumped up on his own and he's been doing it ever since! I think your girl just needs a little more time to get comfortable. Odin likes to lay on the couch and will climb on the bed if we are in the room, but he refuses to sleep there - he prefers his dog bed! No complaints here about that! Also, whenever we take him to a family or friend's house he never gets on the furniture so I think it's just a matter of feeling at home. Good luck!

When Squeeks/Odin was in our racing kennel, he spent most of his career in a top crate. We moved him to a bottom crate and he didn't like it as much so back up he went. He can jump up to the 2nd level of crate with ease. Sounds like he has excellent "guest" manners. Good boy!

I borrowed these from Cathie's photobucket ;)

squeeks.jpg

squeeksandapollo.jpg

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest TheDoggfather

Can't add anything about his personality that hasn't already been said.... Squeeks/Odin was just a flat out loverboy. Oh... I do have some pics of him running, though ;)

214Squeeks2.jpg

214Squeeks.jpg

130Squeeks.jpg

I'll have to look around to see if I have more of him racing.

Edited by TheDoggfather

Congrats on adopting Squeeks/Odin!

That's the great thing about adopting a B&J dog, you get to hear about them and get pics of them from when they were racing! (I also have a B&J boy, Viktor (Hanks Viktor).)

Squeeks/Odin is a great greyhound. He never ever made trouble at the kennel, is as sweet as the day is long, is quiet, playful, and loves people. oh ... and LOVES his milk bones or any other treat you decide to give him! Fortunately for you, the breeder (Eric Frick) raises very well socialized dogs, and we continue that in our racing kennel. Eric also raises pups with the prettiest white teeth I have ever seen. Must be the water in Ohio where they are raised.

Congratulations on getting a really wonderful boy, and thank you for posting so I know he is happy, well cared for, and adored in his new home. We get so attached to them once they walk through our kennel door, and it's hard to let them go but we have to do it.

What is Garnet's racing name? She may have been one of ours, too ... in fact, our Garnet is a Pak dog just like Odin.

Garnet's racing name was Pak Futurity Gem. She was a race school dropout and never actually raced.

Wendy

Image removed, not within the Greytalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. Your image was 20.27 KB (20,760 bytes) file size.

Guest Ledalia

Wow! I can't thank you all enough for the sweet words about Odin, especially the tidbits and pictures from those who have actually met him! That is so cool. I feel so lucky to have such a special dog and I'm so glad we decided to adopt a greyhound! This board seems like such a wonderful community and I definitely feel welcomed. :)

Garnet's racing name was Pak Futurity Gem. She was a race school dropout and never actually raced.

Wendy

Wendy... did you adopt Garnet fairly recently? If so, what was her name at Carl's place? I wonder if I can find her on his website. :)

Wow! I can't thank you all enough for the sweet words about Odin, especially the tidbits and pictures from those who have actually met him! That is so cool. I feel so lucky to have such a special dog and I'm so glad we decided to adopt a greyhound! This board seems like such a wonderful community and I definitely feel welcomed. :)

Wendy

Wendy... did you adopt Garnet fairly recently? If so, what was her name at Carl's place? I wonder if I can find her on his website. :)

We got her back in Nov. Her name was Garnet at the kennel. She was a return and already had the name do we did not change it. Ms. Naughty is still up on the site under the adopted pups.

Wendy

Aww, she is beautiful. And a dark brindle just like Odin!

Aw, thank you! She looks a lot like him. He is very handsome!! I love his description on the website. Too funny!!

Edited by lupe2121