Hi

Guest mjj

Hi I'm from Australia, was browsing your forum and decided to join.

I own two Greyhounds Katie a 3yr old black bitch and Boof a 4.5yr old Fawn dog and one 11yr old Kelpie Roxie. Presently I have two foster Greys 12??mth old fawn blue brindle Venus and 3.5yr old black and white bitch Anna.

I have had dogs for many many years (not Greys) and had never considered owning a Grey until I started my job in a Greyhound rearing and spelling kennel about 5yrs ago. I have never been a particular breed fan but these guys have hooked, I love 'em. Hence the reason I started to take the dogs at the kennels who didn't make the grade home, to find them a new home.

My hubby likes dogs but isn't a dog nut like myself, I think even he thinks Greys have that extra special charm :)

Looking forward to reading, learning and hopefully occasionally contributing something useful.

cheers

Mary-Jane

Hello and welcome. You will not find a better place to talk greyhounds than here. 'GTers' are the smartest and the best bunch of folks you'll ever find. Looking forward to reading your posts from 'down under'( sorry had to).

Guest IrskasMom

Hi Mary-Jane :wave:wave:wave You did exactly what we all did , get hooked :clap Here we have some well seasoned and experienced and BTW very Compassionate GreyLovers who will listen to any of your Questions. Pictures of your Pups is a must. Welcome :yay

Welcome from Waterloo, ON

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Hi thank you for the kind welcome. I have just attempted to upload a several photos but failed *sigh* I'm definately computor challenged. I'll try again.

Edited by mjj

Hi & Welcome - from the middle of the mitt in Michigan!

You need to upload your photos on a photo hosting site - I use Photobucket (because I'm cheap & it's free :lol ). Then you can put your photos in a post.

I'm sure that I can speak for most of us and say that we would love to hear about how life is at the kennels for these dogs in Australia - and since it is a rearing kennel, we all adore puppies! We would love to hear some stories and learn about your job.

Thank you for helping re-home the hounds that do not make the grade in training or at the track. :kiss2

These guys are truly kind souls - and I'm glad that your love of the breed has brought you here!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge