Teagan Has A Wound, Stitches Keep Splitting

Guest LindsaySF

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Has anyone suggested electric therapy? We had a hound that had a terrible tear on his chest and the group used electric stimulus daily to help with healing. It worked like a charm. Just throwing that out there. Hopefully they can get any infection under control quickly.

Chad

I hope he's doing better. Weirdly enough, Myka has a similar wound right near that spot

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LindsaySF

I figured I'd give another update, since it's been a while.

Teagan spiked another fever on July 22. :( The wound was oozing a little serum, no puss, but it was our last day of antibiotics and I didn't want to take any chances, so off to the vet again. Of course that was the hottest day of the year too, so his temp was 104.5 when we checked in. eek.gif They cooled him down, flushed the wound, and we got 2 more weeks of meds. His eyes were a little bloodshot for the next day or so, but other than that he bounced back pretty quickly. My poor Teegs!

The good news is I took this photo last week, and the wound is almost closed up now. It's a tiny bit smaller today, but Teegs wouldn't cooperate for another photo. Slowly but surely. :)

249227_754148648143_24204182_38586028_2036529_n.jpg

~Lindsay~

That is wonderful news, Lindsay!! :yay :yay :yay

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

That is wonderful news, Lindsay!! :yay :yay :yay

Ditto! It looks good! Great job!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly