Abel Has A Boo Boo On His Nose

Abel has a sore nose, looks like he was rubbing it against the carpet. He was fine in the morning but this is what it looked like when I got home from work. Does anyone have any suggestions what I can do to help the healing process? It has been like this for a couple of days, it starts to look like it is healing and than it will bleed a little.

Abelsbooboonose.jpg

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

Shane took all the black off the top of his nose one day in his run at the vet's. He had had big-D in there -- twice -- and was trying frantically to cover it up with the bedding, bless his heart. The vet said to just dab some antibiotic ointment on it once or twice a day and that it would grow back. And it did! It did take a few weeks, though. Scritchies to sweet Abel!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Ouchie! Poor Abel!! :kiss2

Heal up quickly, sweet boy.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Is there something he could be trying to pry open? My first girl did that trying to pry the front door open when I went to work and left her at home alone.

I put up an ex-pen to block her access to the front door. She could see the door--just couldn't reach it to hurt herself on it.

Good luck...and kisses to Abel.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Guest BrianRke

I would be careful what type of ointment/cream you use on the nose. It will probably be ingested. I know mine would lick it off before I even finished applying it.

Guest kydie

my boy used to get them frequently when he first came,, as he was trying to bury treats, in the carpet :lol They take awhile to heal,, I used an antibiotic ointment,,, ingesting it was not a concern,, preventing an infection was

Thanks for all your suggestions and well wishes on Abel's nose. I have been putting Neosporin on it and it seems to be looking a little better. I guess it will just take a little time to heal :)

If it isn't noticeably better in the first 24 hours, perhaps change over to polysporin. Lots of people--and possibly dogs--are allergic to the neomycin portion of neosporin.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Thanks for all your suggestions and well wishes on Abel's nose. I have been putting Neosporin on it and it seems to be looking a little better. I guess it will just take a little time to heal :)

If it isn't noticeably better in the first 24 hours, perhaps change over to polysporin. Lots of people--and possibly dogs--are allergic to the neomycin portion of neosporin.

Thanks for the suggestion of polysporin, Abel's nose looks much better. I will keep the polysporin in mind if there is a next time :)

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

Best wishes for good healing!!!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.