Soft, Liquidy Lump On Shoulder

Brily was in the yard almost all day with the other two hounds yesterday, enjoying the spring weather (FINALLY rolleyes.gif). There was a little bit of running around, barking at birds, and the usual basking and sleeping in the tall grass. When he came back in, he had a very soft lump on his upper shoulder, about the size of a small lime. It's a little smaller today, and isn't bothering him even when touched. There's no sign of a bite, no redness, no heat, no limping. When I touch it, it acts like a half-full water balloon; very soft and liquidy.

Pogo does shoulder-bash him sometimes, so I'm thinking it may have been a result of one of those strikes. Anyone have any experience like this?

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

That's a weird one for there to be no bruising, redness, tenderness, etc. Can't recall seeing one quite like that altho I have had some where the bruise shows up a day or two later. I'd just keep an eye on it. Hopefully it'll keep going away and be gone by the time you think to look at it again :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Keep an eye on the area south of that "lime". If it settles south so that you feel a mushy puddle, it may just be a hematoma. Seroma comes to mind too. Medically, I'm leaning toward "boo boo".

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Sounds like a seroma-- usually trama induced. Your gang may may been clowning around and banged into each other. I would warm pack it with a warm wet washcloth for a couple of mintues a few times a day.

Edited by tbhounds

Ah, thanks for getting back to me! Seroma ... that's what I'm thinking, too, but it's nice to get some consensus. :)

It doesn't seem to be changing much today. I'll warm-pack it tonight. He'll like the attention, I'm sure! :wub:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Xan, I think this is what Sagan developed a couple of weeks ago. He is the world's biggest klutz :rolleyes: and banged it against something (can't recall what). It looked swollen, but strangely enough the swelling seemed to increase over the next day or two :unsure before going down again. It didn't swell up immediately. When it did, it was soft and squidgy. No bruising or redness and he wasn't bothered by it :dunno

He seems fine now :) Hopefully Brilly just banged it against something and it will go down on its own :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm with you, Kerry! It actually seemed to be less after he'd been sleeping on it most of the day. :P Since it doesn't bother him, I'm deciding to not be bothered by it much, either. As often as I remember that! :rolleyes:

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

Guest BrianRke

Frank, my blue boy, had one of these on his neck. I had to look VERY close to discover there was a small wound on the knot. Frank and Daytona had gotten into a little "fight" over a found piece of food the day before and Im guessing Daytona bit him. Anyway, I gave him antibiotics for 7 days and applied a warm cloth to the affected area. The lump was gone in a week.

My boys have been known to ... well, to fight, actually, but they haven't for a bit. Pogo does tend to bash him sometimes in the yard, where they always wear muzzles. I haven't gone so far as to part all the hair or shave it to look for a wound, but I thought there might possibly be something, maybe even a sting or bite ... But, with no sensitivity, warmth, or visible redness, it just didn't seem likely. And it's so soft. It actually jiggles like a half-full water balloon when he walks. But it's also slowly receding, so I think we're on the right track.

Glad to hear Frank's lump went away without issue! :)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg