Interceptor

Guest d0ggiem0mma

I've never had a reaction like that to Interceptor. Weird. Have you had a fecal done recently? If she's carrying parasites and the Interceptor is killing SOME of them, it could cause some loose stool I suppose.

Guest Jill

I've never had a reaction to Interceptor in my dogs and I've been using for since 1993 on all of mine. I'd take a sample in to see whats going on.

My whippet had an allergic reaction to something interceptor and would get projectile D the next day. Took me two months to figure that one out. Yuck. Needless to say, he doesn't take that anymore.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I've never had a reaction to Interceptor in my dogs and I've been using for since 1993 on all of mine. I'd take a sample in to see whats going on.

Same here. I've never seen any side effect whatsoever, that's why its my drug of choice.

ok so it wasnt the interceptor. I took a sample in cause she still wasnt feeling well. They said she has clostridium and has to be on flygl for 7 days. I am real careful with anything she eats outside. Could she have gotten that from a nursing home?

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest d0ggiem0mma

Clostridium overgrowth is usually a secondary problem. Dogs naturally have some clostridium in their GI system but the "good bacteria" keep it in check. Things like antibiotics or even stress can kill off some of the "good bacteria" and then the clostridium can get out of hand.

While on the flagyl, try adding a good probiotic. You can get some for your vet or even just use live greek yogurt (or Activia etc.) Make sure whatever probiotic you use has certified live cultures though, regular yogurt with killed cultures won't help.