Petzlife Dental Care

I have a bottle of the Petzlife gel. My dogs really do not like it or don't like me brushing their teeth. I have a bottle of Petzlife spray. My question is: can I mix ine gel with water, put it in the spray bottle and use it? Or just throw away the gel? Thanks

I don't know the answer to your question. But we have both the gel and the spray. One thing you can do with the gel or any toothpaste-type thing is apply it with a piece of gauze, the kind you use for wounds. A lot of dogs don't mind that as much as a brush. Our vet suggested it and said that even wiping the teeth with it, without any paste, would go a long way toward cleaning.

Btw, our dogs minded brushing much less after we got toothbrushes for babies, which are much smaller and softer than regular "soft" toothbrushes for adults, which in turn are much softer than the brushes sold for dogs!

Hope this at least helps you think about it. I don't think I'd try mixing the gel with water, myself.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I just bought a bottle of the gel this weekend at Greyhounds in Gettysburg. The person who sold it to me said that you do not have to put the gel directly on the teeth, just get about 1 tsp in the dogs mouth and they will spread it around themselves as they are moving it around it their mouth. Its supposed to soften the tartar to make brushing more effective.

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Guest FordRacingRon

Fyi from my house,,the spray didn't help my girl at all. The gel worked. Angers my vet because he can't sell us a dental.

We use the gel, and Opie's teeth have been pretty good so far. He is 8. He doesn't like getting his teeth brushed, but he tolerates it. We too use a smaller, softer brush. Its the salmon flavor I think.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Lila doesn't really like the gel either, but I just put it on my finger and wipe it on her teeth. It is over in a couple seconds.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Guest isntitgreyt

I've used both the gel and the spray and have good results with both. I have a few that don't like me brushing their teeth so I just spread some around on their tongue and let them do the work. Sometimes I use gauze or even a Q-tip to just swab some on their gums and they are ok with that too.

Guest kydie

I use the spray only,,, and brush with a sonic toothbrush on the 3rd day,, no one gets a vote here,, they all wait for their daily teeth care,, and all have beeeeeeeeautiful teefies :)

Here PetSmart carries it. They were out for a couple months at the times I was there so I finally ordered mine from Amazon. No report yet. I try to use it once per day (the spray) unfortunately, I don't always get it done. the label recommends twice per day. that may have happened once....

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest greygirls2

I buy it online through PetEdge...it's the cheapest I've found I've been using both the gel and spray for years and none of my greys have had a dental yet, they are 6, 7, & 8. I've used it on all my fosters straight off the track with fantastic results....I usually start them out with the little rubber brush that fits over your finger till I get them acclimated to an infant toothbrush. I suggest you just keep using the gel until your pup gets the message.

Guest Gert

I have a bottle of the Petzlife gel. My dogs really do not like it or don't like me brushing their teeth. I have a bottle of Petzlife spray. My question is: can I mix ine gel with water, put it in the spray bottle and use it? Or just throw away the gel? Thanks

I've done exactly what you're asking.....mixed the gel with enough water to make it sprayable. Has it diminished it's effectiveness?? That, I don't know. :dunno

We use both on our pups and while one doesn't like it, too bad, it works! :devil

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest kydie

cheked out Petedge,, it is cheaper for me at Amazon,, as I get free shipping from Amazon,, and not so with Petedge

Edited by kydie