Good Thoughts Please

Guest Adrianne

Guest larock

these types of incidents are scary, however, I recall my setter once ate an entire Easter basket full of chocolate. I was worried but the only side affect was that she pooed sparkly bits of colored foil for a couple of days.

Arianne,

I'm sorry the furkids are getting into so much trouble. Maybe put your husband and son into patrolling the fence line, looking for places Ollie could get into more trouble.

Someone once said that dog-proofing your house for a greyhound is like childproofing for a 5-foot-tall toddler. Around here, almost everything edible is precariously balanced on the top of my refrigerator (or in it). My dogs live in hope of my not noticing what falls on the floor when I open the refrigerator door, as if a huge jar of multi-vitamins could land on my head and I wouldn't know it.

I hope all continues well for your kids...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

Prayers for Chevy and Ollie. I second the blood test for peace of mind.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Good thoughts for both your pups. I hope Ollie heals quickly and nothing comes of Chevy's grape fest. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I grew up with a standard poodle. He was an awesome dog. Before we knew grapes were poisonous to dogs (which was after he died), his favorite treat was grapes. He had tons of grapes throughout his entire life and he lived to 15 years old (his life expectancy was 10-12). I'm not saying grapes aren't poisonous, but they don't affect all dogs the same way. Hopefully your guys do just as well with grapes as my poodle did. Let us know how the pups do.

SAME! Even down to the Standard Poodle... :blink: Korky loved grapes of all colours and had them regularly and died of repeated strokes at age ..... 17 I think..... with only minimal age related kidney issues.

Keep us posted!

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Guest Adrianne

Thanks to all. It's been right at 25 hours, and everything thus far seems normal. I am wrapping up my project and can scoot them into the vet tomorrow. I had several photo sessions today for this commercial client, but everything was local (how timely was that!!!) and I was able to rearrange my schedule enough to stop by the house several times to check on them.

I've never had as mischievous a hound as Chevy, and he's teaching me a lot. Baby gates have become my friend, no trash can is without a lid, and now--never leave the house with the kitchen unblocked. And now, I just have to pass that training on to hubby & son. So I guess this weekend will be spent babyproofing and searching the fence line.

Just seeing this. How are they doing?

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

First sending lots of :grouphug :grouphug to mom. Sending lots of Good thoughts and Prayers to Ollie and Chevy.... :hope :hope :hope I understand you are working hard and expect things at home to be taken care of by capable family members and everything falls apart. It is hard, you are in my thoughts and prayers too....

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter