Natural Remedies For Sa

Guest amour

I need to find a natural remedy for non-destructivr SA. My pup is such a people guy that when I leave he barks and cries and works himself up to an upset tummy.I come home to him panting and gurgly tummy. Does anyone have any suggestions for a natural aid that works till I can get him trained to the fact that we always do come back.

BACH flower essences

Thanks but what is it? :unsure

Rescue Remedy (at GNC) and melatonin might help. Are you crating him?

I do have a crate and it is open for him. I'm trying to let him free because I don't like crating for extensive periods of time..When I leave it is usually for 2 or 3 hours. Haven't been doing that long abcenses since I got him (1 week). Tops has been 30 min. and when I got back he was panting and gurgly tummy-no destruction.

Rescue Remedy (made by Bach of flowers) was totally useless on my dog.

It's flower essences and brandy, FYI.

I think I had some MINOR success using the D.A.P. plug in diffusers.

Are you giving him/her a Kong with something like peanut butter inside to occupy the dog? That helped a LOT. Also, I know it can be hard, but EXERCISE before you have to leave is probably the single most important thing I did for my boy when he was having problems with SA.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

I echo the rescue remedy, i found it easy to give if i dropped six drops on a milkbone which was happily consumed :)

Really good treats that last a little while when you slip out the door helps and does NEVER making eye contact as you leave (this was imperative with my boy). We also had good results with homeopathy treatments from our vet.

I think some people have use tryptophan and had good results, i've never tried it personally.

Guest grammarules

As long as my Shelby has a safe chew toy she's fine. I agree the exercise and potty break before crating her is a must. Try not to show your hurried while your getting ready as this can cause anxiety too. They pick up on all you're feeling.