Many Thanks To A Special Hospital

Guest arlosmom

Guest arlosmom

Arlo has had a lump in his neck for a while and although he had an ultrasound in the early fall they found nothing. Recently the mass got larger so we took him to our vet for another. This time they saw a mass on the thyroid. My vet recommended us to Veternary Specialty Hospital of the Carolinas. We immediatly called and got an appointment for a consultation. At that time they tried to aspirate the tumor and only got blood. It was very vasularized an the oncologist there said she would not waste our money on pathology for a sample that she knew would be rejected. However she indicated that the few cells she saw in the microscope were ver suspicious. So we scheduled surgery with a CAT scan prior to make sure it was worth the risk and so the surgeion could see what he was up against. We were scheduled to take him to Cary a 2.5 hour drive at 9:00 on the 11th however that Sunday before snow and ice were predicted. We called that night and asked if they could take him overnite a day early and they said no problem. My husband left on the 10th with him in the snow. They took him and he was an instant hit with the techs and I know the smoggle him that night. The next morning they called us sayin he had slept well and they were ready to begin. After an hour or so they called and said it looked good and they were preceeding with surgery. It went beautifully! They got all the tumor out with ease without a transfusion. My husband stayed with friends there so he was able to bring Arlo home 24 hours later. The suture was excellently done and he has recovered with no problems and gets his stitches out tomorrow. Although he will have to have 4 chemo treatments due to lymph node imvolvement they have arranged for our vet here to do it. I can not be happier with their medicine and the treatment they gave my precious Arlo. If you live in NC it is well worth the expense. My Arlo is happy and feels greyt. That is all I can ask for.

Great news, Deb! I love your big old boy Arlo. :wub:

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest IrskasMom

Doesn't it make you feel so special , the way they took care of your precious Boy.That is how it should be and I am so glad he is home recovering.

Arlo :yay:yay:yay:dogcookie

Deb :bighug:bighug:bighug

This is wonderful to hear and you must be thrilled! After all the bad stuff we hear about, thanks for sharing a good story of things going so well! Gentle hugs to Arlo.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

That is great news Deb. Hope to see you, DH and Arlo and the rest of your gang at MH this year.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I double posted this. Does anyone know how to delete the other one?

Go to the other post and post a link to this one. Then submit a support ticket to the mods to close that one.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Sounds like they took wonderful care of your boy. I hope his chemo goes well and he has many happy years with you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Perfect!!! It's always so nice to hear good news in this forum!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest arlosmom

I double posted this. Does anyone know how to delete the other one?

Go to the other post and post a link to this one. Then submit a support ticket to the mods to close that one.

I am not quite so sure how to do this. I am truly computer dumb. I will try.