We Love Them, But.. But!

Guest Bang_o_rama

Aside from shoes, Bang also has been known to gently nip us on our butts or hands while heading to the door for a walk. She also occasionally decides to destroy a book.

~D~

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had a chance to get on GT for a few days, so I'm catching up and was glad to see so many hilarious new posts in this thread :gmark

I mentioned the thing that drives me nuts about Merlin, but I didn't mention Sagan.

Sagan is my special boy :rolleyes: He is the biggest klutz IN THE UNIVERSE, freaks out at the smallest things (if it's summer and there is even the teeny tiniest flying insect on the wall/flying around the room he will TOTALLY.FREAK.OUT.) :violin

His most annoying trait by far, though, is that it takes him foreeeeeeeeeeeeever to pee. We're talking 20, 25 minutes sometimes. Hello-ooo? I have a job to go to, you know, I don't live to wait around freezing my bum off while you choose the most satisfactory place to relieve your bladder! And he is never this indecisive when it comes to pooing. It's just peeing. At lunchtime and last thing at night he gets to relieve himself in the backyard. Takes him forever. He's a bit better when we're out on a walk, but not that much, and yesterday it was so, so cold and my fingers were so cold that they really hurt, and I had to keep walking and walking because Sagan just couldn't decide where to pee. :headwall Stop. Start. Stop. Start. Stop. Start! Oh.... maybe here...? Yes! Okay.... lift leg... NO! That won't do. Moving on... oh, maybe this bush.. Okay. Assume the squat position... aaaand nothing. No, no, it just doesn't feel right. Hmmm. Maybe this pole. No, that looks suspicious.

AAAARGH! WILL JUST PEE ALREADY??

And it's not as if we haven't done any work with him over this. We have - consistently. We've used praise, we've used treats, we've used both. We time them right. Nothing. Sigh. Merlin just goes out there, squats, pees, and we're inside in less than 2 minutes. The only thing that seems to hurry up Sagan is if Merlin and I leave him in the yard and go inside. I let Merlin in and watch Sagan from the mudroom so I don't have to stand in the freezing cold but I can still supervise him and run out if I need to. Then he panics about being left and hurries up, but even then it can take another 2-3 minutes.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.