Himalayan Dog Chews

Guest 7ct5

I discovered a wonderful, trendy petstore in town that sells amazing brands I would normally purchase online.

I came across Himalayan Dog Chews and remembered reading about them before. They are supposed to last a long time and are made from yak and cow milk with no preservatives or additives.

Anyway, it was very expensive for a single dog chew...so Phoebe won't get it til christmas. wink.gif

Anyway tried these before?

Guest IHeartDogs

Yes I've bought those last year, I remember them to last 2-3 hours for the large. They did like them, but it freaked me out because it sounded like they were breaking their teeth! For the steep price, I prefer bully sticks....

Edited by IHeartDogs

Guest shanesmom

I'm thinking about getting Elton one for Christmas and of course my mom's dog Prince too. We all spend Christmas Eve together so it will be nice to have a special treat for the dogs while we enjoy our special Christmas Eve dinner :) . They've never had them before. Sure hope they like them.

I bought a large one for Lila on Friday. I have not given it to her yet. It was $10. The lady at the pet store said it would probably take her 3 hours to eat. I pay $5 for a large bully stick that lasts her 1 1/2 hours (2 45 minute sessions). So the price of the yak chew is comparable for me.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Don't be surprised if you see whole chunks come out the other end. Don't think they digest well and are difficult to chew. I gave Bella one, when I noticed several large undigested chunks in her poop I decided not to give them to her anymore. I got them as a gift, they lasted maybe an hour and a half or so for the large one, I would not buy one.

Linda, Bella and Keeva

Guest BlackandBrindle

We get ours here. :)

http://www.efcpetstu...andogchews.html

Sue is a Gter and promotes animal rescue. She's good people and she has all sorts of fabulous things for the pups. We get ALL of our chews/treats/etc from EFC Pet Supply. :)

Neither of my dogs is a power chewer so these chews can last at least a week. If I want a quick chew then I give the tendons, trachea, or curly chews. Those last about fifteen minutes or so here.

We've never had any problems with the Himalayan chews or anything we've gotten from EFC.

Edited by BlackandBrindle

• 2 weeks later...

I gave Lila this chew today. It scared me because it sounded like she was chewing rocks and her teeth were breaking. :eek She walked away from it after less than 10 minutes. That is very unusual, either it was hurting her or the sounds were scaring her too. I will call this a $10 experiment and just be glad all of her teeth are still intact.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Guest shanesmom

I gave Lila this chew today. It scared me because it sounded like she was chewing rocks and her teeth were breaking. :eek She walked away from it after less than 10 minutes. That is very unusual, either it was hurting her or the sounds were scaring her too. I will call this a $10 experiment and just be glad all of her teeth are still intact.

Elton got his on Christmas Eve and I took it away after a short while and gave him a different treat as I was afraid he was breaking his teeth with it. It did sound like he was chewing on a rock.