Question About Yucca

I purchased a bottle of yucca extract for Fuzzy yesterday. It is all natural, alchohol free. I opened it this morning and it is as thick as glue. How can you count drops when is drops a glob? Is this the correct consistency? I think I am going to return it.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Irene, it normally is pretty thick especially if it doesn't have alcohol in it. I use to mix it in with the dog's food so I was adding some water anyway.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

mmmm,, my bottle puts drops out nicely. it's not that thick.

Claudia at Greyhoundgang.org sells the Yucca extract. try hers.

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

I use the Solid Gold yucca which is based on "an old Indian receipe." It helped both dogs- so much better for them than the NSAI. Anyway it is a powder which I mixup in honey. Both dogs would willingly lick it up from the little cup I mixed it in. Yucca has worked really good for me. I think if more people were aware of its power- and it is potent, kind of a natural steroid i believe- it would be more popular. Then too its bitterness can be a drawback but you know what they say- a spoonful of sugar(honey) helps the medicine go down. Both dogs 75-90# got 2/3 teaspoon of the Solid Gold product twice a day. Good Luck. I wouuld bet money it will help if you can figure out a way to get it inside of Fuzzy.:)

Edited by racindog

I returned the Yucca I purchased from the health food store. It was just like paste and there was no way to measure. I ordered the Azmira brand from Claudia (Greyhound Gang) tonight and will probably get it in a few days. At least my order helped the hounds, too. Now lets hope it helps my hound. He has really bad diarrhea again, tonight. I am once again, boiling chopped meat and rice for him.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

oh, good! I'm glad you got a new kind ~~ Mine all get Yucca (from Claudia) and I could tell a difference right away with them!!!

I'm sure you will see a difference too!!! :goodluck

I also give them extra squirt of the salmon oil,, it has anti inflammatory properties too.

All my (limited) knowledge on this comes from Claudia,, she is a wealth of information and a wonderful resource!!!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14