Jacob From Jacksonville

Guest dizzyLu72

Guest dizzyLu72

I adopted Jacob about 3 months ago, he is the first greyhound I have ever owned, but will not be my last. We're looking for other greyhounds in Jacksonville, Fl. If there are any here in or around the area, we would love to meet up or learn about any Grey groups that may be out there.

:)

Thanks

Welcome!

There are a lot of GH owners in Jax. I am sure someone will be "stalking" you soon. ;):lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest wmlcml6

Welcome!

There are a lot of GH owners in Jax. I am sure someone will be "stalking" you soon. ;):lol :lol

Hi, DizzyLu and Jacob. We live in Jacksonville, in the San Mateo neighborhood on the Northside. We will have to share emails so when we have local greyhound get togethers, you and Jacob can join us. A few weeks ago a bunch of us met at Mickler's Landing for a morning greyhound walk on the beach followed by "tailgating" brunch in the parking lot.

Greetings from Gainesville, Florida!! :welcome2

Welcome to GT!!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest ScottandTara

I missed this one but Greetings from Jacksonville.... I'm on the westside near Orange Park . Hopefully you will make it to some of the local get togathers...

Hi, DizzyLu (and Jacob)!! :welcome

I'm Stacy....also in Jax....on the southside. Like Mama Caffie said, hopefully we'll be able to meet up sometime.

Did you get Jacob from GAP??

Guest dizzyLu72

Thanks for the warm welcome (no pun intended from Sunny Florida). Would like to learn more about the Greyhound get togethers in the area. I'm in the Intracoastal-West area - but he loves the car, so we're mobile for activities. :)

Yes, Jacob (Snaps Memory)is from GAP - I adopted him in July. But he was being returned to GAP after being adopted for about 8 months - his previous owner had a job change with a travel schedule that was not pet friendly. Her change was definitely my gain. I'm so lucky to have him now. He's the best!!

Hi DizzyLu and Jacob! :welcome2

We're in south Mandarin, and have 3 greyhounds, Mimi, Mimosa,and Bam Bam, all adopted thru GAP here in Jax. Actually Mimi and Bam Bam used to race for Mama Caffie. I saw their pictures on Greytalk, and the rest is history! There are also 2 other greyhounds in my neighborhood, Gordy and Odie (owned by different families).

We hope to get together with the group at Mickler's Landing soon too. I work every other weekend, so it's sometimes hard to get to them.

Camille

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest wmlcml6

Hey. Jacob raced for us! Now I really hope we can meet up sometime so I can see him again. We would love to see pictures of him if you've figured out how to post them here.

Guest dizzyLu72

Ok.. I haven't posted pictures like this in a loooong time...but I'll give it a shot.

HEEEEeeeeerrrrr's JACOB (aka Snaps Memory)

IMAG0299.jpg

IMAG0369-1.jpg

Edited by dizzyLu72

Guest twogreytkids

Thanks for the warm welcome (no pun intended from Sunny Florida). Would like to learn more about the Greyhound get togethers in the area. I'm in the Intracoastal-West area - but he loves the car, so we're mobile for activities. :)

Yes, Jacob (Snaps Memory)is from GAP - I adopted him in July. But he was being returned to GAP after being adopted for about 8 months - his previous owner had a job change with a travel schedule that was not pet friendly. Her change was definitely my gain. I'm so lucky to have him now. He's the best!!

A big welcome to you and Jacob!!!

If Jacob is a traveler, you might be interested in bringing him to the Holiday Hounds Festival that GPA/Daytona Beach is having on December 5.

He will have the chance to meet oodles of greyhounds and you will have the chance to spend your money on collars, dog beds, and other greyhound goodies.

You can find out all the information on their website: www.greyhoundpetsdaytona.org. Just check out the events calendar.

Marcy

And Sandy Paws ;)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Hey. Jacob raced for us! Now I really hope we can meet up sometime so I can see him again. We would love to see pictures of him if you've figured out how to post them here.

My Viktor used to race for Mama Caffie (B&J), too! B&J boys ROCK!! :wub:

Guest dizzyLu72

Welcome!

Hi, DizzyLu and Jacob. We live in Jacksonville, in the San Mateo neighborhood on the Northside. We will have to share emails so when we have local greyhound get togethers, you and Jacob can join us. A few weeks ago a bunch of us met at Mickler's Landing for a morning greyhound walk on the beach followed by "tailgating" brunch in the parking lot.

I tried to email you but I think I'm too new to have those rights for now. My email is listed in my profile - I would love to be added to any lists for Jacksonville gatherings. Please let me know. Many thanks.. we're looking forward to meeting some new Greyhound buddies.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to email you but I think I'm too new to have those rights for now. My email is listed in my profile - I would love to be added to any lists for Jacksonville gatherings. Please let me know. Many thanks.. we're looking forward to meeting some new Greyhound buddies.

Because of Sandy Paws (which you should go to, BTW!), our next beach walk will probably be in April. I'll have the coordinator add you to the email. :)