The Missing Link

DevilDog

I'm considering trying 'the Missing Link' for the Idiot Twins. Roscoe has eye itchies and anal gland issues, Sage has skin and sensitive tummy issues.... thoughts?

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest Swifthounds

You'd be better off going with something like fish oil supplementation. Missing Link is a whole mix of vegetable and grain sources, any one of which can cause reactions.

You'd be better off going with something like fish oil supplementation. Missing Link is a whole mix of vegetable and grain sources, any one of which can cause reactions.

I had them on fish oil for a while.. didn't notice any improvement with either one of them. And Amazon has good prices on Missing Link

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars

Guest Swifthounds

To see any real improvement in skin and coat you need 300 mgs of DHA and/or EPA per 10 lbs. of body weight per day. Most 1200mg and 1000mg fish oil caps have about that amount of DHA/EPA in each capsule. With all but the most unhealthy of dogs, lesser amounts won't show improvement.

Oh, and sorry about the multiple postings. Enter key got away from me.

I think Missing Link is a good product, but none of my hounds have any sensitivities to anything. Fish oil capsules are a great supplement, and so is Omegaderm. I've had excellent luck with both.

Back when we were feeding kibble we tried Missing Link. After a few bags we quit because I didn't see any changes. The dogs did love the fishy smell though so I guess that's a plus. Wasn't worth it IMO.

my first female did not do well on the smallest amount of missing link- runs and itchy skin, infalmed anus- lots of licking and red. as soon as she was off of it, no itchies!

http://www.naturmix.com/pages/products/olewo.html

this site has lots of interesting suppliments, the person who runs it is well versed in all of them. that's where i originally purchased lakse cronche cold pressed salmon oil(did wonders). you might investigate the foods before adding suppliments.

I just ordered some from KV to try. If it helps Fuzzy's anal gland problem, it would be a plus in this house.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds