I Need A Good Stick/broom Vac

Guest Shermanator

Guest Shermanator

Sigh. I free feed with lots of success. However, Patton is a messy boy. He likes to do 'drive by eatings' - pick up a mouthful of food, carrying it into the great room, drop it on the carpet, eat some, leave the rest on the floor, and repeat. While this was not a problem when Sherman was alive, with our new little girl, Travel- we are having an issue.

Sherman always finished off Patton's remnants from his drive by eatings. That kept the crumbs relatively at bay. However, our new little girl, Travel, is as much of a mess, if not more, than Patton.

For being a pretty, little, tiny girl, she's a mess! Food is all over the kitchen, and the great room is a disaster. Now, Patton's crumbs are all over the carpet, and Travel adds to that mess, ten fold. :)

What I need is a GOOD, battery operated stick vac for the carpet. I do not want to drag out the vacuum every day. I have tried a Shark stick vac before, and it didn't work very well.

Any suggestions?

Guest GreyFan09

I feel your pain! LOL! Our boy Comet's eating area looks like a bomb went off in his food bowl after he's done eating - kibble (and water) everywhere! Luckily its on a linoleum-tile floor in the laundry room and is pretty easy to clean up.

I keep a regular broom and dust pan to sweep up the kibble on the floor after the feeding frenzy, and a sponge mop for the water puddles. I like your idea of getting some type of stick vac. Your also right about the shark vac., we had one too and it didn't work very well.

I have an Electrolux electric vacuum / dustbuster (they are a unit but the dustbuster part detaches). I haven't used it for dog food (which I assume is dry) but as a general, small unit handy for a quick pass over the floor, it's pretty good. Got mine at Costco.

I have an Electrolux electric vacuum / dustbuster (they are a unit but the dustbuster part detaches). I haven't used it for dog food (which I assume is dry) but as a general, small unit handy for a quick pass over the floor, it's pretty good. Got mine at Costco.

I have the same one and it actually picks up dog hair, too. I use it very often for cookie crumbs. No doggies here clean up after themselves.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest BorzoiMom

I was happy with my swivel sweeper, it didn't pick up finch feathers very well, but it worked on the seed hulls. It did eventually die but I got good use from it for the money (2 years is about as much use as you can expect from a rechargeable battery). It was easy to pull out in a pinch.

eureuka, the boss

washable filter, good for carpets and hard wood floors, only down fall is a short cord, i use w/ an extension cord and CHEAP! works really well and light weight. i just used my friend's oreck and like the job the boss did better and it was easier to use.

Edited by cleptogrey

Guest kydie

I have the best vaccume in the world,,, called Dutch,,,, anything that hits the floor is sucked up,,, no kibble or any other tyoe of food is on my floor for,,, or more than 2 seconds :lol

Guest ctgreylover

My mom has a shark swivel sweeper. She is on her 2nd. LOVES its. Its on an infomercial but you can find them in some stores too. When Tony visits, she uses it to clean the cookie crumbs he leaves in the living room and the food which he eats and hacks up then eats again but always seems to leave something behind.