Dental Cleaning...

Check out NGAP (National Greyhound Adoption Program) in Philadelphia, PA

VERY worth the trip....luckily I'm only a little over an hour away.

Vet quote for dental: $550-750 eek.giflol.gif

Same brushteeth.gif at NGAP: $110-150 plus it'll be a $25 for an exam before hand.

Soooo worth it. Plus they have huge beds for no more than $50... fleece jackets w/ snoods $20.... LOTS of greyhound sweathshirts, jackets, etc. Met lots of greyt greyhound owners too. OH, and there are appox 60-70 houndies waiting for a loving home!

First time there today, and I LOVED it! We also got Xrays $85 for 1st...$45 for 2nd...Blood work: $98 (hoping those are covered on my dog insurance (Trupanion)...) Frontline: 6 mos supply $70.00 (I pay $105.00 for 7 mos supply at vet)

THANK YOU NGAP!! cool.gif

eta: A grey got a leg amputated & another found out their beautiful hound had bone cancer & was going to the bridge today. Just a little hope.gif for a safe journey & speedy recovery for the soon-to-be tripod.

I take my three there for dentals, dental touch ups ($50 laser treatment), their annuals and vaccinations; including lymes. Well worth the trip for me. The facility is beautiful, clean and there is store on premises to shop while you wait. Your dog can use the outside runs, too.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I take my three there for dentals, dental touch ups ($50 laser treatment), their annuals and vaccinations; including lymes. Well worth the trip for me. The facility is beautiful, clean and there is store on premises to shop while you wait. Your dog can use the outside runs, too.

Oooh the touch-ups sound like a good idea. I probably could have gotten away w/ just that yesterday, but I know he didn't get a dental before I adopted him last year...so I wanted a GOOD cleaning. His teeth look amazing...only a little tartar before...now sparkley! tongue.gif

Guest kydie

O.K. I guess I get shocked ,,, here at the price of dentals,,, My girl is going Monday for a tooth extraction,,, a dental, cleaning,,, x-rays,,,, nail clipping,,, and complete body,exam ( as she is like trying to wrestle an alligator) ear cleaning, anual glad expression for $180.00

Just left the vet a few hours ago, office vist, antibiotcs,(14 days worth) rimadyl(14 days worth) & lab work (pre -op)

$62.18

If some vet would quote me a price for dental at $550.00 :blink: I'd tell him TO-STICK-IT-UP-HIS-BUTT

Edited by kydie

Guest greytmiles

I LOVE NGAP. I boarded Miles there for a weekend a couple of months ago, and drove 1.5 hours out of the way to do so. He's staying with them again for my long vacation in August, and I feel 1000% secure knowing he'll be well taken care of (and thoroughly entertained!).

The facility is beautiful, the staff is caring and knowledgeable, and the prices are GREYT.

Why does NJ have to be so expensive for.... EVERYTHING? :angryfire

Erin

I have had serious problems with NGAP and medical care, including an unauthorized dental. I adopted from them and they, particularly David Wolf, will never touch my dog again. If you want more information, PM me.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Which tri-state area? I think anywhere three states come together is the 'tri-state' area. :lol

PA, NJ and DE. I take my guys to NGAP for all of their dentals.

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Are you sure? Most folks I know from New Jersey consider NJ-NY-CT as the Tri-State area...

I, personally, grew up in the PA-MD-WV Tri-State area.

See what I mean, it's not a very good term. lol.gif

You're right...but wasn't thinking when I said it. I assumed anyone from this area would know what I'm talking about. We actually consider PA/NY/NJ the tri-state area...at least I do and all my weather and news channels. But that's besides that point of the post. I'll be clearer next time.

I adopted my first Grey from NGAP, Champ that has now gone to the bridge. This was my group when I lived in Pennsylvania, I helped with Fund Raisers for the facility. I was disappointed when we moved before it opened. But we did use the vet at NGAP before it opened. The vet was excellent, and back then it was only $34.00 for a touch up, and they did a FANTASTIC job so I can only imagine with the new facility. I have been thinking about calling them when we go up for the event in October and visit my dh family and see if I can get my Sophie teeth cleaned. I trust them and I would feel comfortable with them doing her teeth. I am jealous I miss being up there and getting the BEST Vet care. After moving to South Carolina and now Florida, I have not been able to find a vet as good as there are there, to me they are the BEST!!! :colgate

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter