First Time Greyhound Mom

Guest caliebsmom

Guest caliebsmom

Hello. I'm from the Twin Cities in Minnesota. We just adopted our first retired greyhound last Saturday. His name is Calieb and he turned two the day before we adopted him. He has been a real joy and is fitting right into our family. We also have an eight year old boxer girl named Olive and an eleven year old cat named Mini.

The pictures on my online gallery seem to be huge so I will only include one of my handsome boy. Here is a link to the gallery if you would like to see more: Calieb's First Day Gallery.

web.jpg?ver=12770441450003

I"m looking forward to reading about everyone's greyhounds and getting tips about life with these delightful dogs.

Edited by caliebsmom

Aw, Calieb is gorgeous! (Not that I'm at all partial to super spotty white and brindle houndies as you'll see from my signature :rolleyes: ) He looks very sweet too. Glad he's adjusting well! Welcome to GT and to being a greyhound mom -- I was a brand new one two summers ago.

(BTW to get pictures on here you need to post the IMG code for each pic from an online hosting site.)

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Greetings from Gainesville, FL! :welcome

Calieb is absolutely gorgeous, and looks like he's settling into his new home perfectly!

Welcome to GT, it's the best! :wubsite

Edited by fsugrad

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Congratulations! He is very handsome and looks like he has adjusted very well.

As you can see, we favor the white and brindle houndies, too.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Calieb is beautiful and seems to be fitting in so well. I love your pics and your captions. Welcome. I look forward to many more stories.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Super handsome boy! :beatheart Congratulations and welcome to GT!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest GoingRogue

I am a new grey mom also. We adopted our boy last Saturday and he looks a lot like Calieb (my pics are to big to post as well). Rogue is white with brindle and has the same white blaze between his eyes. It's amazing how fast they have you wrapped around their paw!!!!!!

Guest EmilyandSioux

Handsome man there. I am glad he is working out for ya'll. Greetings from East Texas. Feel free to ask anything you need to know or let us know about your concerns and triumphs. We are all a kind of "family" here.

Guest IHeartDogs

Congrats! So you are Calieb's Mom! I'm a foster mom for NLGA :)

Calieb is soo handsome, my husband really wanted to foster him! I'm glad he is fitting in well. Love the photo gallery, Olive is adorable, thanks for sharing!

Guest caliebsmom

Congrats! So you are Calieb's Mom! I'm a foster mom for NLGA :)

Calieb is soo handsome, my husband really wanted to foster him! I'm glad he is fitting in well. Love the photo gallery, Olive is adorable, thanks for sharing!

I love your blogs on the fosters. We were interested in Wizard but he was adopted before we were approved. I have to say it worked out for the best as I'm crazy about Calieb!

Good looking boy! Congrats and welcome to GT!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project