Few Kind Thoughts For Pepper Please

Hi ,all a few kind thoughts from the good folks on GT would be much appreciated.pepper has cut his foot,rear left, just below ankle joint,we did`nt take pep to vets,as it was a clean open wound,we are now bathing the wound,with salt warm salt water,to stop any infection,pep wont keep a dressing on and wants to lick the wound,we are giving pep probiotic yoghurt to try and boost peps immune system,any helpful tips and kind thoughts would be much appreciated.

Pepper, don't lick!

Hope he heals quickly.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Energy11

Sending lots of hugs to Pep! How about toddler socks? I use them a lot with foot and ankle injuries. Might do the trick!

Poor guy!

If it doesn't get dirty and it's not a large wound, it may do even better uncovered. Wounds tend to heal faster with air circulation. We do epsom salt soaks also, it's been recommended to us by a vet and seems to keep infections away. If he's licking too much you may need to get those elizabethan collars to keep him away from it cause he could make it larger if he's very persistent. There's other types of collars out there too for this but I haven't tried them so I can't help too much.

I hope his foot heals quickly!