Kulee Is At It Again

It seems like Kulee just wants to keep me on my toes. This girl goes through life sleeping and eating and every once in awhile has to have a medical emergency. Two years ago, she ate a bunch of gravel :blink: and tried to bloat. Last summer, she had an episode where it looked like she was in kidney failure and then two weeks later, completely normal. A few months ago, she had something happen with her gallbladder/liver and it completely freaked me out, a week later, normal.

Today, it's another weird episode where she acts like she is trying to bloat... no gravel this time as far as I know. She had a VERY normal bowel movement at 6:30 last night, at 1 am she woke me up pacing and she had diarrhea. She occasionally does this so that isn't the issue. It's just that since 1 am, she hasn't been able to lie down and be comfortable. I know, bloat is at the front of my mind but she doesn't have any other symptoms. I've been awake with her since then. There's no pacing, panting, swelling, vomiting/retching, her heart rate is steady and normal, respiration normal, gums are normal. She wasn't her usual bouncy self at feeding time this morning but she wanted to eat so I fed her about 1/4 cup of Low Residue dog food with a tiny amount of water. She's kept it down although she is showing signs of nausea. I contemplated multiple times about going to e-vet but after waking my sister up and having her watch Kulee, we both decided that she wasn't critical (at least to our untrained eyes).

Right now, we're just waiting for the vet to get here (I work at a vet clinic) so she can take a look at her and we can do xrays. She's actually been laying down for about 37 minutes (yes, I'm timing her) without getting up. She looks rather comfortable but you can tell that she isn't feeling well.

Good thoughts would be appreciated. GT has come through before and hopefully Kulee won't use up all of her GT power with all of her "little" illnesses.

THANKS!!

Update:

Xrays showed lots of gas in her intestines but nothing else remarkable. She seems perkier and not as uncomfortable. I gave her another Gas-X and took her for a walk. She's been resting for about an hour and since she looks better, I offered her a small amount of canned food to see how she does with it. She ate it like she was starving!!! Much better than this morning's feeding.

Edited by retiredracers

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest Energy11

Could just be a GI bug. My friend's 12 yr old had similar symptoms, and she took him to the Evet. That is what it was ... and the dog was put on Flagyl and a bland diet.

Sending Kulee our prayers and lots of hugs!

Boy, I MISS working at a vet!

Fingers crossed!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest K9Cookies

Must be nerve-wracking for you guys. :blink: Hope you can figure things out soon. No yellowish tint to her ears or anything like before?

Keep us posted. I'll keep checking for an update throughout the day. C'mon, Kulee! :goodluck

Norbet = gas.....she's jealous!!! Just kidding. I hope it's nothing more than needing a good poot!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest SoulsMom

Glad to hear it's just gas!! That happened with Soul too, vet thought it was bloat but when they got him on his back for the Xrays he released a huuuuuuuuge amount of air. I refer to that incident now as my $300 fart bill . . . . :blush

Edited by SoulsMom

She's doing much better today and in fact was normal by last evening at 5 pm when I got home and she had a BM... completely normal. Weird. But that's Kulee.

Thanks everyone!!!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Kulee, we're very glad you're better, but WHY must you worry your Mom so?

Sheila, maybe she thinks you need continuing education to be on the cutting edge of Greyhound veterinary medicine!

Hope things are very boring with her for a long time.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown