Canine Freestyle

Guest eaglflyt

Guest eaglflyt

Does anyone on the forum participate in Canine Freestyle with their grey? We're seriously considering taking some classes and giving it a go. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks to everyone!

Shelly in OK

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

There are people out there who do! I would LOVE to. It's on my "to-do" list. I start with clicker training behaviors which will then be used as moves. Most are pretty simple to start. However, I do not dance and I hate being in the spotlight, so that's kept me from ever doing it really.

Guest eaglflyt

Here's a video with canine freestyle and a greyhound!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IWvGmepgZk

I'm considering taking an online freestyle class, and an in person class, too. Ady Bea might really like this. I think I could keep up a bit better with this than running an agility course! :rolleyes:

We're also getting in shape for some lure coursing. The book, Sighthounds Afield is wonderful! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NeverSayNever

What a great video!!! I don't do the freestyle... we stick with agility and regular obedience, but I have greyhound friends in GA and Ohio that are involved. If you want to email me privately, I'll put you in contact with them. Both would love to help a newcomer with a greyhound or answer questions about freestyle.

Guest eaglflyt

Yes, we will be at Fun Day! : ) Sorry it took me so long to answer. My folks' home was destroyed in the tornadoes this week and I've been helping them.

I can't believe you know Ady Bea. Thanks so much for fostering her! She was known as Cypress before we adopted her. We love her dearly and are so thankful that you gave her a home before she came to ours.

See you then! :colgate

Shelly

Edited by eaglflyt

Years ago, there used to be a person on another greyhound list who used to do reports from agility events with odd caps in her stories--something like: "puPPy poWeR". They were such cute stories. Does anyone know who that was? I think she and her dog did freestyle, if I'm not mistaken.

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I was worried about you guys. They showed it on the news that Norman had a tornado. We just barely missed getting hit by one and we didn't know it; the sirens never went off. I can't wait to see her! :colgate She was one of the best fosters we've had yet