Teddys At The Vet

Guest TeddysMom

:grouphug I hope you can figure out what is happening with your DH soon. How old is he? Can you talk with his doctor about the "odd" things that he's saying/doing/forgetting to see if there is a possible medical reason, such as meds, stress, or even (God forbid!) early Alzheimer's? :hope :hope :hope that it's something easy to deal with!

Guest TeddysMom

:grouphug I hope you can figure out what is happening with your DH soon. How old is he? Can you talk with his doctor about the "odd" things that he's saying/doing/forgetting to see if there is a possible medical reason, such as meds, stress, or even (God forbid!) early Alzheimer's? :hope :hope :hope that it's something easy to deal with!

DH is almost 73. I am also hoping that the doctor will do some tests on him to see what might be the problem. He goes in next week and I will talk to his doctor prior to that visit to let him know what has been going on. He is a very stubborn man so I hope that he will listen to reason. Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it.

Guest TeddysMom

Here are pictures I took this morning of three of Teddy's wounds. They look so good now compared to before the repairs.

100_0800.jpg

100_0801.jpg

100_0799.jpg

There are a bunch more small wounds but these three were the worst. I am so thankful that he is feeling and doing better.

Whew! That first wound is gnarly! :( Looks like it's pretty free from swelling and all, though, which is amazing, considering.

It sounds like you're having to make a lot of tough changes. I'm so sorry. I hope your husband's issues turn out to be simple and easy to remedy or cope with (maybe just some B12, or cranberry juice/capsules [we learned that an unidentified UTI can have symptoms similar to dementia]). Sounds like moving out the fosters is a good start.

Home health services may be a real godsend for you as things go on, allowing you to do things you need (or even just want) to do that take you out of the house.

The idea of padlocking the dog crates I understand, but it worries me, too. If your husband is in a wheelchair, can a simple slide-type lock be put on the room's door that is out of his reach? We did this for my MIL at one point.

Best of luck to you and the family. I'm sure you need all the help and encouragement you can get!

:bighug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh Gosh. This is so upsetting. Poor poor Teddy. Hoping for a quick and uneventful recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest TeddysMom

Checking to see how Teddy is healing and how you are doing.

Teddy is doing way better than I thought he would thankfully. He climbed up on my bed and slept with me last night and this morning was ready to go outside. I let him out in the back yard with Spice and Mandy muzzled and him with his E-collar, we walked around for a little while and it is so nice and cool here that he decided to lay down and enjoy the breeze for a few minutes. Spencer had to wait because he is pretty lively in the mornings and I didn't want him to start trying to play.

I am hanging in there. We upped DH's doctor appointment to Monday, I think he even is beginning to realize that something is wrong. He is not feeling well this morning at all and I hope we make it through the weekend without having to head to the hospital or call 911. He has diabetes and his kidneys have been a problem for the last 4 years so I am wondering if that is causing some of the issues. No fever yet but he is pale and clammy and weak. It is a relief that 4 of the fosters are gone, I hate to say that but right now I am stressed to the max. Next week they should all be transported back east or in other foster homes. My dogs are not much of a problem, they are a pretty good established older pack and I enjoy them. They keep me sane and they always give me a happy reason to get up in the morning. How can you not wake up happy with all these faces so thrilled to see you?

Guest longdoglady

Prayer for strength for you and for answers and healing for your DH. God bless you.

Sorry too many "fors" in my prayer! Where would we be without our dog's to keep us sane?

Guest TeddysMom

Prayer for strength for you and for answers and healing for your DH. God bless you.

Sorry too many "fors" in my prayer! Where would we be without our dog's to keep us sane?

I don't think I would make it without my babies to take for walks, cuddle with, love on and get kisses from. Isn't it amazing that they seem to understand our moods and try to cheer us up? Don't know how people handle the stresses of life without pets.

Guest andrealynch

bighug.gif for Teddy (and you!)

brick.gif for your DH!

This silly icon above is pretty funny...I needed a good laugh today! If it is of any help...my boyfriend never watches over my hounds like I tell him too. I've always said to supervise and watch...but alas, he never does. Ugh! I hope your boy is doing much, much better today!

Edited by andrealynch

Guest TeddysMom

bighug.gif for Teddy (and you!)

brick.gif for your DH!

This silly icon above is pretty funny...I needed a good laugh today! If it is of any help...my boyfriend never watches over my hounds like I tell him too. I've always said to supervise and watch...but alas, he never does. Ugh! I hope your boy is doing much, much better today!

Thanks, I got a laugh from it too.

Good report on Teddy, and hoping to hear a good report on DH.

Hang in there, we're thinking of you all

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless