Feeding Tubes

Guest MnMDogs

Guest MnMDogs

Any experience with this type of feeding tubes? We have some decisions to make, and it would be helpful if anyone has first hand experience with these (temporarily) for their pets. Mara's having a tough time getting food and water down, and this is one of our options since she's otherwise in very good health.

Thank you.

Guest Energy11

Sorry, no experience with dogs, but, yes, with humans.

For the most part, PEG tubes work wonderfully to supply nutrients.

If that is what it takes to keep Mara healthy, and get her through this latest problem, I don't see a problem.

Sending lots of good luck, hugs and, many prayers your way!

Dee and The Five!

Guest lat41065

I know someone that has a greyhound that has had a feeding tube for several months and is doing just fine. PM me and Ill happily see if they would be willing to chat with you.

Lesley

Guest MnMDogs

Thank you! We don't want to give up on our little peanut, and neither does our vet. I've also had experience with them in people, and they do work wonderfully. Lesley, I'm about to shoot you a PM.

Very best wishes for Mara. She's beautiful. kiss1.gifgoodluck.gifclover.gifhope.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest MnMDogs

Thanks again for your encouragement. We just went to visit the little patient, and aside from being shockingly thin, she is happy and bright now that she's re-hydrated. If she can be that way, and enjoy her walks and playing again, we'll be ecstatic. She went right into her crate when we brought her back, and our vet said that everyone is in love with her.

Late to this, but I had two cats whoe needed PEGs about three years ago. They really weren't invasive and the cats adapted to them well, and you probably know how cats hate anything new. They were a great help. I know your vet will give you instructions, but just make sure you go very slow with feedings. I truly hope it helps your Peanut.

no real adivice Did know a grey I know who had one due to not being able to keep anything down. She did well with it as far as I know they just kept a shirt on her so she wouldnt mess with it. I wish you and your pup well

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest MnMDogs

We're absolutely devastated to say that nothing is working. We'll be letting her go later today - we lost 2 seemingly healthy dogs in one year after short battles with horrible diseases. I really didn't think it was possible to feel this kind of pain again so soon.

Oh no, I'm so sorry. May her passing be a peaceful one. You're in my thoughts, I know to well how devastating it is to lose two in a short time.:grouphug

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh Carol, I am so heartbroken for you.

May all our Angels be there with Matty to help her cross over.

St Francis, please take good care of this little girl

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh no. sad.gif I'm so sorry.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Guest Energy11

Sooo sorry to hear this! You did try everything for her, though.

It is totally devastating to lose those you love, especially so close together.

Sending love, hugs and many prayers for a peaceful passing.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so very, very sorry. Prayers for you and your family. May Mara run pain free and happily be chasing bunnies up there with all the others. :grouphug