Nana's Ultrasound

I call my little old lady Nana (Onyx). She's 14 1/2.

Well, she'd have some diarrhea once in a while. She'd spit up once in a while. Sometimes her appetite wasn't great. (sometimes non-existant).

Well since she has a LP tieback, anytime she spits up, we go to the vets because I fear aspirate pneumonia.

So we ended up at the vets the other night and since she is a super senior, I did the full workup, blood, urine and poo.

She has very high protein in the urine and her pancreatic enzymes are just over the high limit. The doctor suggested a BP. That's one thing that may push proteins thru the kidneys (those values were okay). And if that's normal, an ultrasound.

Well you know me. I scheduled both at the same time. Her BP was terrific at 134.

Her ultrasound showed glomerulonephritis and chronic pancreatitis.

But NO CANCER....anywhere!! (yippee, I have a cancer free dog)

Now, she does have a pretty funky tooth that we're getting cleaned via the non-anesthetic route next month, that might be causing the GN. (No way am I putting a 14.5 yr old under anesthesia, not even with the super dentist that she's been to before) The pancreatitis could also be causing it. So she's on the baby aspirin that Pearl was on when she was diagnosed with GN. I also switched her to a low fat, low protein diet. She's perfectly happy with that senior canned food and fat fee ice cream.

We're going to do another urinalysis in a week to see if the antibiotics for the tooth help with the GN.

It stinks when they get old.

But she does seem to feel okay and has been running around. She played in the snow when we had it.

Guest Energy11

WOW! 14.5! I love it!

I think you can control what is going on with diet, and maybe, as you said, getting the tooth/teeth cleaned. I agree ... no anesthesia for her.

Just sending "Nana," (love that name!!!), tons of love, many hugs, and millions of prayers!

That is greyt news!!! Keep it up Oynx and anyone your fat free ice cream.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Good news HURRAY, when I saw that you posted this message I thought on NO, poor MP & her crew have seen more than their share of C. I wish your pup well,14.5 Nana

be like Timex take a licking but still keep on ticking.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina