Banged Her Head

Lexie was under a glass coffee table ( she never does that) anyway she heard a noise which startled her and hit the top of her head trying to get up. I checked for bumps. What else should I be watching for? She banged it pretty hard. When she got up she came over to me and looked at me like it was my fault :(

Lexie is gone but not forgotten.💜

Guest Energy11

OUCH! Poor Lexie!

I haven't come across a concussion in a dog yet, but in humans, you look for excessive tiredness, vomiting, uneven pupils, wobbliness, nausea (in dogs you can usually tell by their licking their nose), and other examples of balance problems.

I have seen mine run into a wall, hit their heads on furniture, etc., and everything was fine. I would definitely watch for the signs and symptoms above. and if they present, it is vet time.

Hoping she will be just fine. Sending lots of love and prayers!

Guest mcsheltie

I had a Dobie run head on (as fast as she could go) into a 500 gallon propane tank. You could hear the bong... for miles. She was fine.

Good ole' Google - link

Hope Lexie is okay! Ouch!!!

I had a Dobie run head on (as fast as she could go) into a 500 gallon propane tank. You could hear the bong... for miles. She was fine.

Good ole' Google - link

Hope Lexie is okay! Ouch!!!

holy cow ouchers!!!!

If she has a headache, can you give her an ibuprofen, or enteric aspirin?

how will i know if she has a headache :huh

Lexie my lubs, wub.gif

Dr. Rocket says take 2 Burpdogs and call me in da morning.... and no more bounce1.gif

Future mudder-in-law - please kiss dat spot and tell her it's from me. She will be all better. kiss1.gif

Keep me posted.

Get well soon my lubs.

Yur Rocketman flowers_red.gif

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Guest Scouts_mom

Well of course she blamed you. You are the one that put the glass table over her after she went to sleep! :nod:nod She would never have gone to sleep with it over her head and forgotten about it! :unsure

Seriously, she probably did hurt her head, but I doubt she it it hard enough just by jumping up from lying down to cause a concusion.

Edited by Scouts_mom

She'll probably be fine. Copper is particularly prone to bumping his head and running into things - he's just a big, goofy knucklehead! - and he's never shown any after-effects for any of them. I think their skulls must be thicker or something.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Hope Lexi is feeling better, but NO ibuprofen!!!!!!!! Dogs cannot take ibuprofen. I would not give her anything if she seems okay and if you want to give her something call your vet first and see what is safe to give her.

Hi all,

ty for your concern. She seems her usual self today so i think she is fine. she did want me to post this letter ro rocket..

Dear Rocket my luv :inlove

Moms made me have an ouchie yesterday. i dunno what i did. i told her to give me the burpbiscuits like u said but did i gets any???? no!!!!!!!!!!!! my dads kept patting my head which sort of felt good. the hoomans kept staring at me all night. i know i am beautifool but must they stare soo much?? i feels better today but would feel even better if they gave me extra snacks or a piece of salmon like they did the other nigth. Boy, that fish is good. I think the only think that would cheer me up besides that would be if my luv could play wiff me. The hoomans haven't let me have a play date for a longs time due to the bad weather.

lubs your girl,

lexie

Beau did that when we first adopted him. We have a very large glass top 3/4 inch thick beveled edge dining room table. He went under- got up too fast and I heard thud. He cried out and he did manage to get a nice gash which we treated. He isn't any more crazy than the was prior!

Glad to hear she is OK.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project