Does Your Greyhound Give Kisses?

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Greyhounds and Kisses  

375 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Greyhound Give Kisses? Multiple Choice for Multiple Hounds.

• Yes, s/he will kiss anyone, any time!
    • Yes, but only me/family members
    • Occasionally, but not often
    • No, never
  2. 2. Is your kisser a male or a female?

• Male
    • Female
    • I don't have a kissing Greyhound
  3. 3. Does your Greyhound randomly lick your hands or arms, or feet?

• Yes, what a weirdo!
    • Only if I have just eaten or something
    • Nope, sure doesn't!

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I'm just wondering...

As for third question, I ask because my new girl will just cuddle up and like my arm, elbow, hands, even my feet, and she'll wash my entire face. A few of mine give lots of kisses too!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mooogies

I taught my former dog, Bear - my Bernese, to "kiss". She would normally just put her nose against mine or against my lips. So now I am trying to teach Chai the same thing. She's getting it I think but then again....being the food hound that she is, maybe she smells food on my breath!! As for licking, if I let her I'm sure she would.

All of mine give kisses. Madi nits my chin and my nose when she gives kisses. Carmen and Isis will practically clean your whole face giving kisses. Steak is very gentle. However, Isis is the only one that licks all parts. She is constantly licking my arms, hands and legs if they are exposed.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Merlin doesn't at all, never has. Sagan, however, is my kissy boy :wub: He loves to give kisses - not constantly, but at least once a day - and he ALWAYS says thank you with kisses when I scratch the back of his neck :lol:

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Hey, weird! Every Whippet I have EVER known- if you scratch the back of their neck, they will lick whatever is in front of their face- your hand, your face, the bedspread! Maybe they get that from the Greyhound in them :lol

Guest Jubilee251

Molly doesn't kiss (then again, we've only had her for 2 weeks!), but she will stick her nose in my face and stare at me with her big doggie eyes, especially after she eats.

She also licks my bare feet if given the chance, and likes to chew my flip-flops. The Husband says it's because they stink. :blink:

Edited by Jubilee251

We have 3 female greyhounds.

Celeste - will kiss everyone as often as they allow. She also loves licking bare feet and hands.

Darcy and Bonny - will give occasional kisses to DH and I. Neither licks other human body parts.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

Guest lanielovesgreys

Laika won't kiss me, but she'll lick the water off my legs after every shower. Veebs is a kisser though. She kissed me on my face at the M&G and that was the end of that. :wub:

Guest KennelMom

Some do, some don't. I don't like dogs licking my face, so most know not to even try with me...the avid lickers will air lick around my face though...that's pretty funny. DH will let some give him kisses, but not others (N.E.o.Ps - Notorious Eaters of Poo)...you do NOT want to get a kiss from them! :puke

my dogs aren't kissers but that is probably because I discourage any mouth contact from my dogs. They will sniff my face all over, nuzzle my neck and hands.....but no licking.

On a side note I once had a little Bichon that was trained from puppy hood to not put her mouth/tongue on me. Just the same, when excited she would run up behind me and lick the back of my leg super fast and skitter off and stand a few feet away with a 'I gotcha!' look on her face. (the little brat)

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

I kiss my dogs on the mouth all the time, and they lick DH and our baby in the mouth all the time too. That said, I haven't got any poop eaters. I'm not sure I could deal with that!

Some do, some don't. I don't like dogs licking my face, so most know not to even try with me...the avid lickers will air lick around my face though...that's pretty funny. DH will let some give him kisses, but not others (N.E.o.Ps - Notorious Eaters of Poo)...you do NOT want to get a kiss from them! :puke

I'll get quick licks from both of mine. Nothing big time, however. It's as if they don't know it's ok and cool to do it! :(

N.E.O.P.. ... LOL ... I knew there was an acronym (abbreviated terminology) to address that situation! :P Had a poodle many years ago that was into it. Ugh! Couldn't deal with it! Fortunately, my two lunatics are not so inclined!

Edited by RWM

Guest Frankendog

Frankie is a very quiet (doesn't bark) noble, stoic guy, doesn't show any emotional extremes, so doesn't lick my face, although I am encouraging it. I am working towards a "kiss" command (I'd rather the face licking be on my terms). In about 2 minutes yesterday I taught him to touch his nose to my hand held out. He is a very fast learner so I will eventually turn this into touching his nose to my cheek...just give me a week or 2 :thumbs-up

I love this nose...;o)

4193974652_8f1e06907e_o.jpg

Edited by Frankendog

Guest EmergencyOps

Our girl has periodontal(sp?) disease, so her kisses are odorous :(

We still love her, nonetheless. When she starts kissing, she gives it her all, making sure to cover our whole forearm and hand.

Frankie is a very quiet (doesn't bark) noble, stoic guy, doesn't show any emotional extremes, so doesn't lick my face, although I am encouraging it. I am working towards a "kiss" command (I'd rather the face licking be on my terms). In about 2 minutes yesterday I taught him to touch his nose to my hand held out. He is a very fast learner so I will eventually turn this into touching his nose to my cheek...just give me a week or 2 :thumbs-up

I love this nose...;o)

4193974652_8f1e06907e_o.jpg

Cute dog! Try licking his nose, if you can handle it! That may inspire him to start licking you! It's a learning process, I'm convinced! :)

Simba will give a kiss to almost anyone (I've joked that he should star in a kissing booth for greyhound donations), and will kiss me on the chin whenever I ask. He'll also lick my hands or arms when I'm giving him scritches and he can't reach my face.

Stella doesn't give kisses, at least not yet, but she is a champion wriggler and gooser. I think her kisses are just waiting to be unleashed :)

Stel and House will give me a kiss whenever I want one. I have to beg Lizzie and Hitchie and usually end up with none. Kevin...I'm not at a place with him yet that I'm going put my face close enough to his to ask for one. Lewis, God love him, NEVER gave me a kiss.

Edited by fourofem

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)