Let's Talk About Diva Dogs....

Guest mpportraits

Guest mpportraits

Please tell me I am not the only one with a Diva dog??? In my last post, people were asking me what was it about Phoebe's personality made me think she was a one dog only household? Well, now I am thinking, she's going to have to deal with the brother or sister I get for us. But, here's the deal and please tell me you go through this too! She is so spoiled (yes, it's my fault) She will prance around the house...literally prance...didn't know greyhounds could do that! She pulls this one too..she has my husband trained to get up with her once a night to let her out to go pee or play. Yea...for over 2 years now, Frank has not slept through the night. I've told him how to change that but he won't! Her divaness lives on. Another thing, if I'm reading or drawing and she doesn't want me doing it, she gets in my face and barks. My all time favorite though, is how she'll stand by the door indicating she wants out, so I'll get up and open the door. She'll walk away. She'll do this a good 3 times before actually going outside. I've learned that the term for a female dog was probably invented because of this type of behavior but how can I not lover her anyway!???

Guest FastDogsOwnMe

Yup, I have two diva girls, one in the making (she's new :lol ) and a diva boy! :blush

She has trained you- she asks, she gets what she wants. This could turn out badly if she gets too pushy, but if you don't mind and you have a peaceful, happy existence, then I say enjoy your little princess!

Guest lanielovesgreys

Laika will sleep on new beds or stacked beds (princess and the pea style). If none of those are available she'll get in our bed (a big Nono and she knows better) or come to our face and whine.

Vivie, on the other hand, is perfectly happy with one layer of blanket.

If a dog is where ours wants to be, she stamps her front feet and barks at them! They usually ignore her and we direct her elsewhere, but if not, she continues until they get up muttering biotch under their breath. She also marks over the boys (she is the only girl) by lifting her leg. She is not alpha, just a brat. She barks at me all the time, too, when she wants what she wants! She is better behaved than she sounds, though. Gotta love her, because no one else will! :rolleyes:

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Guest dramaqueen

Good Luck!! I too have a Diva we call her the DRAMA QUEEN. Everything she does is so dramtic. I like the way she stares straight ahead and completely ignores me unless she wants to lick my face. She also has a bad case of selective hearing! She will only answer me when SHE WANTS TO. But i wouldn't trade her for the world & we both love her to death, and wouldn't want to change her in any way. She'll always be the DRAMA QUEEN. Have to love those pups!!!!

We have one very similar.. Greta is spoiled rotten. Loves new collars & loves to wear necklaces. She has ME trained, but not my wife. Greta gets me up everytime I am asleep & insists on sleeping between my wife & I (on MY side up against me). Greta wont pull her stuff with my wife..Our Vern on the otherhand acts like a real dog.. Stays off the furniture, begs for scraps-where Greta wants to take food out of your mouth & tries to get to my wifes recliner before she does.. Seems like Greta is in competition with my wife for MY affection.. humm.. Interesting now that I have actually said it myself.. Maybe she is right. Maybe Greta HAS achieved Diva status !!!

3040_1146987118995_1357051056_30386801_4709964_n.jpg

Please tell me I am not the only one with a Diva dog??? In my last post, people were asking me what was it about Phoebe's personality made me think she was a one dog only household? Well, now I am thinking, she's going to have to deal with the brother or sister I get for us. But, here's the deal and please tell me you go through this too! She is so spoiled (yes, it's my fault) She will prance around the house...literally prance...didn't know greyhounds could do that! She pulls this one too..she has my husband trained to get up with her once a night to let her out to go pee or play. Yea...for over 2 years now, Frank has not slept through the night. I've told him how to change that but he won't! Her divaness lives on. Another thing, if I'm reading or drawing and she doesn't want me doing it, she gets in my face and barks. My all time favorite though, is how she'll stand by the door indicating she wants out, so I'll get up and open the door. She'll walk away. She'll do this a good 3 times before actually going outside. I've learned that the term for a female dog was probably invented because of this type of behavior but how can I not lover her anyway!???

Guest mpportraits

If a dog is where ours wants to be, she stamps her front feet and barks at them! They usually ignore her and we direct her elsewhere, but if not, she continues until they get up muttering biotch under their breath. She also marks over the boys (she is the only girl) by lifting her leg. She is not alpha, just a brat. She barks at me all the time, too, when she wants what she wants! She is better behaved than she sounds, though. Gotta love her, because no one else will! :rolleyes:

ADORABLE!!!! You had me LAUGHIN!!!

These replies are HYSTERICAL and soooo what I needed!!! I love it! I am delighted to see that others have a diva as well and that they love her =)

my first female dog was an experience. I started out with a long leggy boy named Kiowa who was so goofy he reminded me of Jethro from the Beverly Hillbillies. I added X who was a solid 90lb boy who took no crap offa anyone, he was the 'strong and silent' type.

Then enters Natasha a (to me) very dainty 62 lb gal who quickly became known as 'the little Princess'.

Case in point: Ask Kiowa to sit/shake he would do a sloppy sit and bap me in the face with his paw (grinning the whole time)

Ask X to sit/shake he would sigh and sit and hold his paw out while looking the opposite direction.

With Natasha it was calling her over quietly and when asked she would promptly do a dainty little sit (with front and back feet touching) and perk up one paw directly in front of her nose and hold it there. She was very prim and proper with her manners. Natasha was also quite a little flirt with men.

Guest Pat2003

I have a true Diva as she came to us with that name and it suits her to a tee. She gets my DH up at about 3am every night (unless it is raining) and does zoomies in the yard. I have told him how to train her out of this behavior but she is his little princess and he doesn't mind.

She starts lobbying for dinner at 3:30 and if by 4pm I'm not in the kitchen preparing it she will take something out of the waste basket (just one small thing) and leave it at the door of my office. She will then huff and puff and if all this fails she will come and bark at me. After being fed and turned out she takes a short nap until 5pm and then if I'm not in the kitchen she comes and gets me because it's time to make DH dinner because he lets her clean the dishes before they go into the dish washer.

Actually, she is a wonderful dog who gets along with cats, all dogs, and kids, has no space aggression, and low prey drive. She has just enough little quirks to make her fun, and of course we love her dearly.

Guest Frankendog
Then enters Natasha a (to me) very dainty 62 lb gal who quickly became known as 'the little Princess'.

Case in point: Ask Kiowa to sit/shake he would do a sloppy sit and bap me in the face with his paw (grinning the whole time)

Ask X to sit/shake he would sigh and sit and hold his paw out while looking the opposite direction.

With Natasha it was calling her over quietly and when asked she would promptly do a dainty little sit (with front and back feet touching) and perk up one paw directly in front of her nose and hold it there. She was very prim and proper with her manners. Natasha was also quite a little flirt with men.

:rofl

i have a diva dog, also, only he's a he instead of a she :lol i love Phoenix anyway :beatheart

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Stella is the epitome of "divaness". She was my first and apparently I waited too long to add a second. She has been on the sofa since the day she arrived and now that she has a sister and three brothers, she likes to guard it by stretching out right in the middle so she won't have to share!!! If, by some chance, the sofa and all the beds are occupied, she'll run outside and start barking so some of them will follow suit. She comes right back in and grabs their spot...she ain't stupid!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Derbys nickname is princess lazy pants. She will bark to get the side of the dog bed she wants, if the other dog won't move she'll come bark in our faces to move her. When they come back in from going potty in the morning, the other dog stays up and in the morning routine. derby goes back to bed-my bed. She prefers to curl up on my pillow. I've tried laying a blanket over the pillow to keep it clean, but that gets standing on the bed, barking at the pillow until I fix it. Apparently pillows aren't to have blankets upon them for princesses...

Guest mpportraits

Pat, that is HYSTERICAL! I love it!!!!

He actually has the look of a Diva!!! what a gorgeous boy! i bet he knows it too huh?

I would LOVE to be in your house and see all that drama! I bet it's constant entertainment at your place...that is sooo funny, i was laughing out loud!

I'm in shock over what some of the dogs do! That is so funny about the pillow, I'd love to see that ;)

My Honey doesn't like for me to nap (which is unfortunate, because I love naps). She barks at me if I fall asleep on the couch. If I'm just laying on the couch reading a book or watching television, that's ok. But if I fall asleep, that's a big no no in her book.

I am familiar with the Diva DoGess type houndie. My Wendy does the prancing, the foot stomping, and the I-want-to-go-Walkies-NOW show. However, my favorite divaliciousness is when she hears the ice-tray rattle in the kitchen, comes galloping in and barks at you until she gets an ice cube. I must admit that the Momma and the Poppa have encouraged this behavior! :blush What can I say...we are Diva enablers! :rolleyes:

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest mpportraits

I like that LaFlaca...we ARE Diva enablers! That could be a group name you know??? I was just thinking about my diva girl and her silliness. Here's another ditty she likes to do: My 3 yr. old son, Gavin, has a cereal bar every morning while he watchs cartoons. It's his morning routine. Well, Phoebe thinks it's HER cereal bar...so one morning, I put the food in her bowl and she looks at me like "pshya! where's my cereal bar?" and she does it at dinner time too! She had an upset stomach once, so I made some warm rice and added it to her bowl...well, again "pshya! where's my warm rice?" She is the most spoiled eater!!! Does anyone else deal with that too??? The counter surfing is ridiculous! I'm constantly hearing "mom! phoebe at my cereal bar" "mom! Phoebe at my cheese sandwich" etc., etc. For the love of pete, you'd think she was starving by my diva girl is far from starving...she's just picky!!!