What Chai Got Up To While She Was "home Alone" Today

Guest HuggableHound

Kongs can be filled with all kinds of interesting low cal things; low fat cream cheese or peanut butter as the base ... just smear a tablespoon or so in the inside and add bits of green beans, bits of carrot, bit's of apple, kibble, crumbled treats or cookies, cookie dust ... the stuff left in the empty bag or kibble then smear the top shut with peanut butter and freeze. You don't really fill the kong with the sticky stuff, you just smear it around inside so that the hound has to work to get the surprise treats.

Chai seems like Gracie, silly, creative and inquisitive ... she has to know what's going on, what's in the box, ohhh that smells good and so on.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mooogies

Look at this face! She's plotting I can tell.

chai002.jpg

LOL She soooooo looks BUSTED in that picture! Well it's 3:50, I leave in about 45 minutes and I'm wondering how she did today.

Thank you Janet for those pics. She looks great! My little Chai girl!

Kongs can be filled with all kinds of interesting low cal things; low fat cream cheese or peanut butter as the base ... just smear a tablespoon or so in the inside and add bits of green beans, bits of carrot, bit's of apple, kibble, crumbled treats or cookies, cookie dust ... the stuff left in the empty bag or kibble then smear the top shut with peanut butter and freeze. You don't really fill the kong with the sticky stuff, you just smear it around inside so that the hound has to work to get the surprise treats.

Chai seems like Gracie, silly, creative and inquisitive ... she has to know what's going on, what's in the box, ohhh that smells good and so on.

Thanks so much for all of the creative things I will be putting in her kong!

What a beauty she is!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Mooogies

GREYT UPDATE FOR CHAI!

Day 2

Didn't gate her in my room, she had her kong stuffed with punkin, and a melatonin.

No destruction, she was VERY happy to see her Mom, I was VERY happy to see her! No poopies, no pee, just quiet and a very happy puppy!

Guest Mooogies

FastDog, really not sure about her breeding. She was in a shelter in Ohio and was transported up here to Canada. As per Janet "FoxysMom" she is built like a grey, sits like a grey, but she's a very petite little girl. She looked real small next to Janet's Peanut, but she's proportional. Healthy looking and (I think) her weight is good, but I have plans to take her over to the vet this weekend and get her weighed. So I'm not sure of her background. A few GTers suggested that perhaps she's a lurcher, ooops litter, or perhaps a coyote dog. She definately is a hound though! My little girl.

Yes, those pictures are Chai when she was visiting Saturday night. I'll have to find a good picture of Cali who belongs to GTer bluesky. Cali is a 7 month osteo survivor, she has amazigng spirit.

Carolle I'm thrilled that she had a good day. Let's keep it up Chai you can do this alone thing I know you can.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Mooogies

Funny eh? You know, I'm just glad I could give provide her with her final couch and forever home. I don't care if she raced or didn't race. She is one fast hound though. I had her out only once in a fenced area and I couldn't believe my eyes. It was obvious that there was nothing on her mind other than feeling the wind in her face! It was amazing!

50 lbs! Wow, that is probably a little less than what Chai weighs but I'll get back to you on that

Our little Bebe is only 54lbs. so I know what those little ones are like. Sounds like she had an excellent day. Just didn't like having her movement restricted! Good girl!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Mooogies

I did leave the radio on for her on talk radio. I guess she seemed to like that and as Jilly said she obviously didn't like having her movements restricted. It was nice to come home to everything as it should be. Just did my sweep to make sure that everything is baby proofed for tomorrow. Put kibble in her kong and sealed it with p/b and have that in the freezer. She seems content right now, sleeping on the couch in front of the fireplace. Yesterday is forgotten thankfully!

Yay for Chai! She knows what she wants that little lady. She'll be fine. But speaking from experience, never relax your guard with those clever little girls!!lol.gif

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest TBSFlame

You know, just so you all know, I am in this for the long haul. I had a funny feeling when I got her that she had "character" which is what I was looking for. However.....I want her to be comfortable at home while I'm away and not be stressed about it, but I think I am going to have to be inventive about keeping her mind occupied. Maybe more than 1 stuffed kong, maybe 5 LOL. And I'll have to sit and watch tv with her and see what she likes.

So I am taking it all in strides and tryign to find the silver lining!

But I will definately keep you all posted. I am sure you haven't heard the last of dear little Chai.

Thank you all for listening.

I have a young one and when I am away she is wearing a muzzle. She gets into things so it's the muzzle or the crate. She picked the muzzle. lol. She will most likely get better. If you don't want her to be in the house there are babygates that screw into the door frame.

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

And I"ll double that :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay :yay Way to go Chai. So glad this is working out for both of you. I'll be picking up a hot pink muzzle for her when I'm at Sandy Paws. She will look adorable in it.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Mooogies

Day 4 - Another GREYT day for Chai. She loves her freedom it seems and there were blankies everywhere, stuffies everywhere, so obviously she played! I was sooooo happy to come home to a very happy pup! Thank you everyone for helping!