What Chai Got Up To While She Was "home Alone" Today

Guest HuggableHound

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... left the tv on the food channel and put the gate up.

Well, there's your problem: all that talk of food made her mad to get at her own! ;)

(I laughed when I saw what channel you had left her "watching" and know that I get hungry - or really grossed out - watching it.)

Glad things are going better with her having free reign in the house!

Day 4 - Another GREYT day for Chai. She loves her freedom it seems and there were blankies everywhere, stuffies everywhere, so obviously she played! I was sooooo happy to come home to a very happy pup! Thank you everyone for helping!

:yay Frank was asking me about her. I'm thrilled with how well she is doing.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

What a good girl she is. One day soon I bet she will graduate to no muzzle!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Mooogies

Well 4 greyt days and one lil slip. Left a case of water bottles in the kitchen on the hutch. I don't know how she gets into things the way she does, especially now with a muzzle on, but she must be one very determined hound. She got the bottles off the hutch, out of the wrapping then somehow got the wrapping off each bottle of water. I guess she ate it because I didn't find any little scraps of paper anywhere. The paper wrapping on each bottle not the plastic that the water was shrink wrapped in.

And yes I noticed that post about leaving the food channel on. You know, sometimes I amaze even myself sometimes! Now it's just the radio where she can't hear about any of the delishishness of food!

This weekend I'm going to really give the kitchen a reorganization. I'm afraid that one day she really will start to explore and find my baking or cereal cupboard. So I am going to switch the lower cupboards with the higher cupboards and put all the dishes down below. It'll be a job but it will be one less thing for my curious hound to magically find.

I'm lucky, my kitchen has a pocket door so I keep that shut when I'm not home

Diamond can get it open if I leave it an inch open though :lol

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

This weekend I'm going to really give the kitchen a reorganization. I'm afraid that one day she really will start to explore and find my baking or cereal cupboard. So I am going to switch the lower cupboards with the higher cupboards and put all the dishes down below. It'll be a job but it will be one less thing for my curious hound to magically find.

This is a really really good idea!!!! And yes she would! And you would hate yourself lol.gif

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Mooogies

Just wanted to update everyone one last time. Chai is doing great. The muzzle, melatonin and having the run of the house seem to be the combination that worked. She hasn't gotten into anything (well not anything bad) and she hasn't had any accidents and I think even the howling has stopped. However I'm not home during the day and I am sure I will hear when my nasty neighbours upstairs return from wherever it is they are and ruin my peace and quiet.

All is good for now! She's a charm!