Runny Nose

Guest CometAndDasher

Guest CometAndDasher

We recently adopted our second greyhound. He has had a very drippy, running nose since we brought him home two weeks ago. Should we be concerned?

Guest Energy11

I have a couple greyts whose noses run in the cold weather. I am not concerned. Where do you live? If it is in a cooler climate, I really wouldn't worry.

Oh, and, Welcome to Greytalk, THE BEST PLACE on the internet, and of course, congrats on your greyhound! Love and hugs! Dee and The Five!

Guest CometAndDasher

Thanks for the welcome! We live in Arizona which is not a very cold climate but it has been cooler than normal.

Thanks for the advice.

Most greyhounds noses will drip during times of stress or excitement. If your hound is new to your home, that's probably the reason. Once your hound is settled and comfortable, the drippy nose should stop.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest CometAndDasher

Most greyhounds noses will drip during times of stress or excitement. If your hound is new to your home, that's probably the reason. Once your hound is settled and comfortable, the drippy nose should stop.

So good to know. Thanks!

Congratulations and welcome!

:nod Carl's was really drippy when he came to live here. 2 years later it gets drippy when he is excited or it's time to eat!

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Our greys drip when they're stressed. We adopted Ben almost 5 years ago and he still drip when he's anxious. Bailey did too. And Brooke's nose drips when she's scared.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest sweetpea

Our greys drip when they're stressed. We adopted Ben almost 5 years ago and he still drip when he's anxious. Bailey did too. And Brooke's nose drips when she's scared.

Ditto that for Sweetpea, it's her only "tell".

I bet he'll settle down soon.

Welcome!

Buzzy and the lovely and mostly-poker-faced Sweetpea

We've had Max for almost 8 years. He is a pretty calm dog, easy going, not anxious. And his nose has dripped continuously for those 8 years. We call him Sir Snotsalot :blush . There is no ebb or flow in the drip; it is steady, consistent. Our hardwood floors our polka dotted in Max drippies. There is nothing wrong - vet checks regularly, but he just has nothing else wrong with him. He's just a big drip! :P

Your boy's faucet may slow down as he settles in - or he may always be a drip, just like Max! :lol

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Yes, yes, yes! Any time George is stressed, his nose runs like a faucet and he sheds!

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck