Hi I Just Joined. Question About Joint Health

Guest brian

Hello. I just joined and wanted to see if anyone has any input on what brand supplement I should get for my greyhound. When he raced he had broken two of his legs. (at different times) Well he's 6 years old now and he's having some really bad stiffness in his these legs all of the sudden. Got them x-rayed and no real problems but the vet recommended a glucosomine supplement. I saw that some foods were taking glucosomine out of their food though. Does anyone know why? ANyway if anyone can recommend a good glucosomine/fish oil supplement that would be great. Can you get something like this at Petsmart or Petco or is it something that should be of higher quality? THanks a lot for any help!

I can unequivocably recommend the supplements sold by Miss Claudia at Greyhound Gang. My girl has a bad knee which caused her to limp. I have been adding all four supplements to her meals for about a month now with great results. Once the MSM & Vit. C are finished, she will continue on the Glucosamine/Chondroitin.

http://www.greyhoundgang.org/store/index.php/cat_5

Wendy also gets Grizzly Salmon Oil twice a day with meals. You can purchase that from Greyhound Gang as well or the pet supply store of your choice.

http://www.greyhoundgang.org/store/index.php/cat_25

Welcome to GreyTalk! :welcome

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

My boy shattered his hock, my female graded off, so she had no broken bones. I give them both "human grade" Glucosomine & Conjointon <sp>. I get the large bottle at Costco, 1500mg a day is the dose. The only thing you have to worry about is if your hound is allergic to shellfish. A bit on the rare side with greyhounds, but possible. As far as fish oil goes, again, I buy "human grade" wild salmon fish oil for their coats. They are both black hounds, and the fish oil really makes their coats silky shiny.

Chad

My boy shattered his hock, my female graded off, so she had no broken bones. I give them both "human grade" Glucosomine & Conjointon <sp>. I get the large bottle at Costco, 1500mg a day is the dose. The only thing you have to worry about is if your hound is allergic to shellfish. A bit on the rare side with greyhounds, but possible. As far as fish oil goes, again, I buy "human grade" wild salmon fish oil for their coats. They are both black hounds, and the fish oil really makes their coats silky shiny.

Chad

x2 - human grade Glucosamine/Chondrotin and Fish oil capsules with their meals. I've noticed a huge difference in joint health since the addition of the Glucosamine. Both dogs ran 115 races with no broken bones, though Brucie had 'bad ankles' (his trainer's words). It works.

Doe's Bruciebaby Doe's Bumper

Derek

Follow my Ironman journeys and life with dogs, cats and busy kids: A long road

I can unequivocably recommend the supplements sold by Miss Claudia at Greyhound Gang. My girl has a bad knee which caused her to limp. I have been adding all four supplements to her meals for about a month now with great results. Once the MSM & Vit. C are finished, she will continue on the Glucosamine/Chondroitin.

http://www.greyhoundgang.org/store/index.php/cat_5

Wendy also gets Grizzly Salmon Oil twice a day with meals. You can purchase that from Greyhound Gang as well or the pet supply store of your choice.

http://www.greyhoundgang.org/store/index.php/cat_25

Welcome to GreyTalk! :welcome

Agreed. It's 100% pure. And proceeds go to the hounds. A win win

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmilyandSioux

I use Arthrisoothe Gold for my guy. It works miracles for these guys. It is also natural!! You can get it thr KVPet.com. If they won't eat pills easily this is the way to go. I just sprinkle their food with it and they never know they got it.

We've been giving Copper, my 9 year old who is getting a little stiffness and arthritis, a new product called "Joint Oats" from EFCpetstuff.com. I'm not a big fan of supplements - for people or for dogs - as there appears to be conflicting data as to their efficacy. But Copper really seems to be doing better, even on only half the recommended dosage. He also gets Grizzly Salmon Oil on breakfast.

The Greyhound Gang supplements are very popular and seem to help those that take it, as the above posters have stated.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

http://www.greyhound...index.php/cat_5

http://www.greyhound...ndex.php/cat_25

Welcome to GreyTalk! welcome.gif

Ditto. Welcome to Greytalk!

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg