Lola Threw Up Again

Guest argolola

Guest argolola

She has been doing so well, but threw up again today for the first time in about 5 days. She had just eaten.

Can I give her sub-q of lactated ringers? Thank you.

She has been doing so well, but threw up again today for the first time in about 5 days. She had just eaten.

Can I give her sub-q of lactated ringers? Thank you.

Yes, I would still give it to her. Hope she feels better soon.

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest Energy11

The sub q Lactated Ringers surely couldn't hurt. I would give maybe a few hundred CC, not the entire bag. Good Luck. Hopefully, just a minor set-back. Hugs to you and Lola.

Guest argolola

Thank you both so much. I think I actually gave her a little more to eat than she has been getting. She has been fine ever since and is hungry again. I got some great news from Hemopet in that the rest of her blood work looks ok, all but the amylase. My SIL was here earlier and checked her for dehydration, and she's fine there too. She was wagging her tail a few minutes ago.

Edited by argolola

Glad to hear you got good news from hemopet ;) If the vomiting were to continue, maybe ask your vet for Cerenia.

Can Lola have a cookie yet? :dogcookie

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest argolola

Thanks Ducky. Good idea, as I do have some Cerenia on hand.

Yes, she would love a cookie...lol.

The Hemopet lady is wonderful. I'm so happy for the referral.

Sending more good thoughts for Lola! Hope she is keeping her food down. :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:goodluck:goodluck:goodluck .......for Lola. How is she feeling today?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest argolola

She's doing really good today, thanks for asking. She's very hungry, so she is getting more small meals. The downside is that she still has an incontinence issue and the couch, bed, dog beds and floor have all taken hits.