Poor Ollie

RobinM

I've notice the last few days he has seemed depressed.My initial thought was maybe he was not happy here. Yesterday he was very droopy. Temp today was 103, brought him in to vet and it was 104.5 :o

Vet gave shot, started him on doxy 100mg 3x a day and did a full cbc and TBD which they send to protec.

OY. Poor Ollie.

The good news is he is up 10 pounds, he has about another 10 to go. He is up to 80. His racing weight was 84.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Energy11

Poor Ollie :-((

Glad to hear about the TBD panel to Protatek, and the Doxy. Surely cannot hurt while you are waiting. Hope he feels better soon! He is beefing up nicely, though :-))

Poor Ollie :( Sending lots of good thoughts for him.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Poor Ollie. I hope your vets figure out what is wrong and he is feeling better soon.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Poor Ollie. I hope he recovers quickly.

Poor you. You've really been having a time of it. I hope everything settles down soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

No wonder Ollie seemed to be depressed! He probably felt like crap! Hope the meds make the difference and there are no surprises in the blood work results. :grouphug:candle:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I did forget to add that he has some brusing on the inside of his thighs, near his privates.

Adding up the fever, lethargy and bruises= TBD?

We will find out soon. I feel so badly for him. He is such a good good boy. The most perfect boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Just redid his temp. It's 103.6. Gums a bit pale BUT he is eating and drinking.

I put some cool washcloths on his pads and belly.

I could not agree more. thank you.

Yikes, I'm so sorry -- you totally don't deserve any more medical problems!! Hopefully this is a small and easily cured problem. I'm looking forward to pictures and stories of a happy Ollie....

Oh, no. Poor baby. Feel better soon :candle

What is TBD?

Tick Born Disease

Guest vezzerina

Poor Ollie. He is very lucky to have you looking out for him. I am sure he will perk up once he is feeling better.

What is the bruising from? Lyca gets bruises if she accidentally runs into something (like a park bench during a sprint once- ouch).

What is TBD?

Tick Born Disease

Thanks. I have a valley fever dog. Isn't that tick born? I should know :blush

Yes, it most certainly is!

Poor Ollie. He is very lucky to have you looking out for him. I am sure he will perk up once he is feeling better.

What is the bruising from?

We don't know, but it is a symptom of TBDs.

Robin, there is no way on earth that Ollie isn't happy there with you. That is just impossible. I hope that the new meds help him to feel all better soon. You all need a break.

thanks! I didn't know what to think. I sad to DH- he just is so sad! Good news right now, though, I just took his temp and it's 101.5. I was getting a bit concerned. Now he will go out for the last pee of the night and hopefully tomorrow, he will start feeling better.

What is TBD?

Tick Born Disease

Valley Fever isn't tick born. It's fungal. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest eaglflyt

I'm so glad they have his sample sent off to Protatek. Hopefully you'll have results soon and starting Doxy while waiting is a very good thing! Maybe RMSF? Our vet had seen a few cases here this year.

Temp went down to 101.5 last night. I felt better too! This morning he seems "normal". Vet called and said platelets were low (even for a greyhound) I was out and she spoke to DH who got no info! She will call back at 11 and I will update.

What is TBD?

Tick Born Disease

Thank you. Didn't know

Guest Greytluv

Temp went down to 101.5 last night. I felt better too! This morning he seems "normal". Vet called and said platelets were low (even for a greyhound) I was out and she spoke to DH who got no info! She will call back at 11 and I will update.

What is TBD?

Tick Born Disease

Thank you. Didn't know

Thanks.

How is Ollie feeling today?

MUCH better. No fever and he is happy again! :blush