7 Months And 9th Gotcha Day

Guest ss556

It was 7 months this past Sunday that Alan suddenly left. This coming Saturday would have been his 9th Gotcha Day. It's a sad week for me even though I am so happy to have had the time I did with Alan. He was the gentlest, best behaved boy I could have hoped for. I still miss him when I come home from work and it's still hard for me to ride in the minivan we bought for him last year, but I can smile now knowing that I gave him the best life I could and I know he's smiling too. His Royal Handsomeness is in my heart and soul everyday.

CIMG1345.jpg

CIMG1343.jpg

His memory box in my living room:

CIMG1342.jpg

I know what you're going through. It'll be 2 years this December that Dear was diagnosed with hermangio sarcoma. I still cannot believe he's gone. Its just something I think none of us ever get over. With Gogh, it'll be 10 months in December.

I love Greytalk peeps because they are so supportive & know exactly how we feel. Just know Susan that we are all right here for you. Alan was very special to all of us. I mean it! :beatheart

:grouphugsmileyhug.gif

Happy Gotcha Day, Alan sweetie. :beatheart :beatheart

What a beautiful memory box, Susan.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I couldn't look at the picture....so I waited until I went on break...that is just beautiful! A friend of mine, the guy who my pups are buried by & at his farm, he's doing wood work now & is going to make a special box for their belongings.

but I can smile now

So many times we talked about this.....when would be the time we could smile about something they did. Some days you can laugh, some days it'll hit you wrong. But WE as grey owners....we know how you feel.

Guest Gingergrey

Happy Gotcha Day at the Bridge dear Alan. Hugs to you Susan...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

I wish you the peace that passes all understanding. :bighug

Hugs to you Susan - Alan was so special. He truly is smiling down on you for the wonderful time he spent with you. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:candle:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I'm with you....

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest EmbersDad

happy gotcha day alan. isnt it greyt to be able to smile :-) george of noo england told me that the more you think of them, the faster their tails wag at the bridge....must be very windy there indeed.

we :wub: alan