Hello From Illinois!

Guest GreyFan09

Guest GreyFan09

Hi everybody!

My name is Tony. I have been reading and posting on this board now for a few weeks and just got around to this introduction forum.

I can't believe what a greyt site this is, as I have learned so much here which has really helped me with my dog. Everyday I look forward to logging on and learning something new, or just enjoying reading about other peoples dogs and issues!

My wife Karen and I adopted our first Greyhound, "Comet" (Country Con-Man) last summer from American Greyhound in Dyer, IN. He is a 2.5 year old white and brindle boy. He has been such a wonderful dog since the first day we got him and quite the character - I swear this dog has a sense of humor! Growing up as a kid, we mostly has Labs and Shepherds as pets, which were very nice dogs, but this Greyhound is totally different! Since this is my first dog in more than 25 years, I am re-learning about dogs, and especially Greyhounds, and this site has been a huge help.

Unlike the dogs I had growing up, this pooch has never made a mess in the house, destroyed (chewed) anything, ate any houseplants or furniture, barked endlessly, shed like crazy, or got up on the furniture. He has a bit of SA in his crate which we are working on and is slowly going away, but it has been made a whole lot better since the introduction of frozen peanut butter in kongs and hooves (which I learned about on this site).

Comet is a very laid-back dog and is wonderful with kids of all ages as well as any other small dogs or animals. He loves going for long walk 'n sniffs and rides in the car, as well as going out in public and meeting new people and other dogs. He is definately one of the smartest dogs I've ever owned too. You tell him "no" once and he will never repeat his mistake again.

We spent around 8 months learning about, and researching Greyhounds and rescue groups before deciding to take the plunge and adopt one. Once we decided to go for it, we went to many different meet 'n greets, and met and walked many dogs before finding our Comet. They say "you will know it when you find the right dog for you", and in our case it was true!

If there are any other people from the Chicagoland area on this site, please feel free to contact me as I would be happy to chat and exchange local dog informaton with you. Who knows, Perhaps we may run into each other at a local event sometime.

Comet is currently looking forward to being a Pirate this Halloween and going out trick-or-treating with the kids. Maybe he will get a Milkbone or two in his bag! :D

Thanks again and I am looking forward to reading and learning much, much more on this GREYT site! :colgate

hi ! welcome from Bloomingdale, IL :D

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Hi there, Tony, and welcome to GT--it is the best!! :wubsite

Can't wait to see pictures of your Comet. My beloved angel whippet was named Comet, too.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

:welcome2 Greetings from NY to you, Comet and your family. This is a greyt site! :wubsite Can't wait to see pics of Comet in his pirate costume.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest FrostyBottoms

Welcome from the Northwest Suburbs!

Will you be attending the Greyhounds Only reunion next weekend?

I know you didn't adopt through them, but thats okay, everyone is welcome!

Guest GreyFan09
Welcome from the Northwest Suburbs!

Will you be attending the Greyhounds Only reunion next weekend?

I know you didn't adopt through them, but thats okay, everyone is welcome!

Thanks for the invite. I saw the posting on the Events board, but I am scheduled to work that day so can't make it. I'm sure it will be a Greyt time! Perhaps next year?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome from Indianapolis, your grey sounds greyt!

Katy....Mom to Retired Racers Hinder, John Carter, Hobsen, and Kodama, Galgo Espanol Gichin, and the Village Idiot...Teko
Missing terribly my fawn dog with the pretty ears Chance (Ale Seeyoulater) 6/21/05-6/23/15 Gotcha day 4/6/08 and my fuzzy baby boy Snacker (Tyville Snacker) 7/4/04-10/23/15, and all three of my IG babies, Isen, Tien, and Java.

• 4 weeks later...