Possible Cancer In Smiley's Toe

Guest Smiley

That path report is wonderful news. I hope the second round of stitches does the trick. Quickly.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, those are 2 words that you REALLY want to hear---no cancer!

Those feet can be a pain till everything is cleared up. Our Nick had so many ups and downs when his 2 middle toes were amputated (due to injury, not cancer), but once he healed, he was great.

Sending lots of good thoughts out to your sweet boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Beth, what a relief!!! I'm so glad for you and hope that Smiley's boo boo continues to heal. It's natural for you to have questions in your mind, but the trust and confidence you have in your vet is an important variable in all this and you took the information you had and went with the best decision in light of what you faced. So for that, Smiley's in a good place now and shouldn't have to look back :colgate

:mexi2 Doing the happy dance across the miles for you all!! :banana

Maria

with Rizzo and Kiwi

good news for smiley!

bee wiseman came to us missing one toe. when we go to petco for nail clipping we tell them that we are not paying $10 as she only has 9 nails to cut. they change the receipt to "comb out" and only charge us $9. true story! missing that toe has its advantages. smiley won't miss it a bit.

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Ha! Missed that last update!

:confetti :confetti :confetti

Since it was an outside toe, his adjustment should be pretty easy. It's the center "weight-bearing" toes that are a little harder, I was told (when Brilly broke a toe that took a long time to heal).

I wonder if it isn't a circulation issue that makes foot and lower leg things take so long? Especially when we have to bind them up, which must make it even harder to pump blood and lymph down and through the tissues.

Anyway, great news, and I'm going to celebrate right now. What shall I do to celebrate? Hm. Something dog-appropriate. Roll in something smelly? Eat cat poop? Eviscerate a stuffy? Run around and spin like a dervish barking at the walls?

:P

Good thing I work at home, huh? :lol

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.