Nj To Ohio (osu

Guest littlesyd85
My good friend lives in Maryland and when she comes to visit me in Cleveland I believe she takes the PA turn pike. Hope that helps... Good luck at OSU!

Guest Che_mar_Cody

I do vendor events in OH and have no problems. I'd take the turnpike to Pittsburgh and get on 376 E (parkway)

than follow these directions - very very easy and signs are well marked and it's free.

Merge onto I-79 S via EXIT 1A toward WASHINGTON.

Merge onto I-70 W via EXIT 38 toward WHEELING (Crossing into WEST VIRGINIA).

Merge onto I-470 W via EXIT 5A on the LEFT toward COLUMBUS (Crossing into OHIO).

Merge onto I-70 W via the exit on the LEFT toward COLUMBUS.

Take the US-23/FOURTH ST exit, EXIT 100B, toward DOWNTOWN.

Turn RIGHT onto S 4TH ST/US-33 W/US-23 N.

Turn LEFT onto E STATE ST.

Welcome to COLUMBUS, OH

I'm from northern NJ and I prefer to take Rt 80--takes me 8 hours if I only stop once and if I time the traffic right. For me to take the PA Turn I would have to travel west on Rt 78-not my favorite highway.

Oh, I wanted to mention--I would suggest getting a GPS--it was so helpful as I approached Columbus (they are doing road construction). The Red Roof is easy to find and only a mile from the hospital--ask for a first floor room and bring a cooler--there aren't fidges in the rooms. You might also want to check out the Varsity Inn--not too much farther from the RedRoof Inn. Also, please check out the football schedule--really tough to find a room when they have a home game (think they are away this weekend?).

Edited by tbhounds

Guest RICHandJUDE

It really depends on where you live in Central PA. You can either go by the Pa Turnpike (toward Ohio) to I-70 West to I-71 South to Columbus.

Or you can go I-80 West from Pa to I-76 WEST in Ohio. Follow I-76 West till you get to I-71 South. Get on I-71 South till you hit Columbus. Columbus about 100 miles South of I-71 and I-76 Interchange.

NOTE In Ohio , the Ohio Turnpike at Interstate 80 can get a little confusing. The PA turnpike is Interstate 76 and it is I-76 on the Ohio Turnpike until you hit I-80. From the interchange of I-76 and I-80 the Ohio Turnpike turns into I-80 toward Cleveland. You want to get off the turnpike here and head for Akron on I-76 West. JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET ON I-76 WEST WHEN YOU GET TO THE I-80 and I-76 INTERCHANGE.

Hope this helps you. Map quest it. I think the zip code for OSU is 43210. (That was my zip when I went to OSU.)

Richard

Thanks everyone.........I'm thinking 80 might be for me then.

And I'm staying with a very nice person who has offered her home to me. Jane is a foster home for out of state people and hounds like me.

So I don't even have to worry about hotel rooms and finding the hotel.

Normally I would have taken 31 north to 80, but I'm coming from Langhorne that morning. Yeah, I have to get Pearl's BP checked before I go because I don't see any time in the future that I can do that.

But I can figure out how to get up to 80 from Langhorne. I just know that I've taken 78 a lot and it's ALWAYS under construction.

!! I just did Google Maps and they have me going I-70 the whole way. Then I would head north (I-71) to Westerville (my accomodations in Ohio) It would take me 8 hr 10 minutes. If I went up to I80, it would add almost another hour.

If I leave Langhorne at 9 AM, it would get me to Columbus around 5-6 PM.....what's rush hour like there?!

Edited by MP_the4pack

Guest VanillaBean

I think rush hour is a little crazy there, but then, I live in a smaller town. Also, it will probably be headed in the opposite direction as you are. I did have my dog down to OSU several times and left there around 5 one time. I made it, so you can too!

Good luck. I liked all the students and vets I met at OSU

I work in Columbus, and I think you'll find rush hour fairly easy, except if it rains. For some odd reason, rain screws up traffic in a MAJOR way. And road construction is now done on 315 (the main highway beside OSU's campus), so it should be a lot easier for you to get to and fro. Wish you were visiting Columbus for another reason, though.

Melanie, Clark, Ringo, and Ricardo

(Missing Runner at The Bridge)

I work in Columbus, and I think you'll find rush hour fairly easy, except if it rains. For some odd reason, rain screws up traffic in a MAJOR way. And road construction is now done on 315 (the main highway beside OSU's campus), so it should be a lot easier for you to get to and fro. Wish you were visiting Columbus for another reason, though.

Is rain predicted for next wednesday?

We lived in Columbus before we moved to CT. All our trips back and forth we made on the 80. It is monotonous though. PA will seem like the biggest state you have ever been through when you're on the 80. And just a tip about Ohio in general. You really, really, REALLY need to watch your speed once you're there. I used to live in Michigan too and it was pretty funny to see everyone slow down by about 20mph once they crossed into Ohio and then see everyone floor it once they left Ohio and crossed into Kentucky too.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

We lived in Columbus before we moved to CT. All our trips back and forth we made on the 80. It is monotonous though. PA will seem like the biggest state you have ever been through when you're on the 80. And just a tip about Ohio in general. You really, really, REALLY need to watch your speed once you're there. I used to live in Michigan too and it was pretty funny to see everyone slow down by about 20mph once they crossed into Ohio and then see everyone floor it once they left Ohio and crossed into Kentucky too.

THANKS!!! Here in NJ, I set my highway speed to 14 over the limit. You're generally safe.

Oh, I wanted to mention the speed limit too. Yup, really watch your speed--Ohio State Troopers are tough on speeders---a speeding ticket is the last thing you need to worry about!!!