A Few White Lights And Prayers

Guest TinasTroops

Glad it's over Tina - 10 cm is pretty big!

We found warm compresses alternating with cold really helped bruising and swelling. I didn't switch from one to the other right away - we spread them out for a total of 3 - 4 per day. As he got better I dropped the cold and just did 2 - 3 warm per day. Not sure if compresses would also help Booker, just thought I'd mention it.

Hoping for a good path report. Meantime, as others have said, get some rest.

Glad it's behind you and you can concentrate on his recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Glad to hear he's on the mend! :yay

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest TinasTroops

Update,

Booker did 100% better last night, woke me up at about 4 am to go pee. Ate all his breakfast and finally had a bowel movement this morning. He was so proud of himself! LMAO

Dr John called last night - thanked me for the pictures but wants to see Booker for a follow up this morning. Wants to check his platelet count and possible change his meds. So Eric and Bo Man are off to see John at 10.

I think a partial reason Booker hates and fights the Tramadol is he is use to much more of a natural low dose of meds and this may be making him feel like he has no control and dislikes it.

He has a blood pocket that has traveled up under his chin, I have asked Eric to ask John to try and aspirate a portion of it to help Booker.

We find 4 meals a day is working better for him and nothing hard, thankfully he likes his Ensure so that helps with the extras he needs.

***no matter what the mass contained - it has been removed. So even if it was Cancer it is out and gone. Because it was removed enacted we have no worry of any cells being released into his system.

So in essence if it was Cancer, it has now been removed and he is cancer free!!!!!!

Dunno how I missed this. Hugs and prayers for your special boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest TinasTroops

Bad news first,

The results for the mass came back as thyroid carcinoma - so yes, it "was" cancer. If we had waited we would not have been able to preform the surgery and Booker would have been dead in a few short months.

Good news,

As mentioned before, we removed the tumor completely encapsulated. Which means the cancer was removed in its entirety.

There is a slim chance it can grow back, in the same spot, so we now have to watch and check him regularly. Vet visits every 3 - 6 months and a Thyroid test.

Booker now only has 1 Thyroid glad left and needs it to survive as we would with our kidneys.

So in a nut shelf, I am extactic I am so neurotic with my hounds and that I am dilligent in examining them on a monthly basis.

So please take from this a happy ending and PLEASE examine your hounds from tip to tail on a monthly basis.

As cheesy as this sounds it just may safe your greyhounds life!

Hugs from Booker