Dd's Little Moose Is Very Sick

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

Hard to say, unless one tech feed at 4, and didn't remember to tell the other tech/oncoming tech, Moose was already fed? Might be the answer. Probably will be okay, though.

We saw him :( He looks like he still doesn't feel well. He had eaten at 11 a.m. and kept it down. He belched twice while we were there, but nothing came up. Tess was so upset. It was hard for her to stay composed. He wanted us both to hold him, so while one held, the other talked, petted, and kissed. He was a little panty, and he doesn't pant. He looks tired. He was yawning a little. We let him down in the room and he was very busy sniffing and following scents. Then I got worried some sick dog had been in there (still a little of a smell from the patient before - poop?), so I snatched him back up. His legs are shaved as well as his belly to 1/2 way up his sides. He cleaned himself and licked us, and just kept licking Tess. We did pets, scritches, and belly rubs.

We only saw for about 15 min. Tess was quietly getting more upset and he seemed fussy. He was sensing her emotions, but I also think he wanted back down to sniff.

I really thought I'd see him looking better than he is, but he is alert, watching people and things outdoors, and listening to doors and other voices. His ears perked up for everything new. He's licking, cleaning, and fussing a little b/c he can't have his way.

We told him he was going to stay some more darks and lights, and the nice people were going to have him take a nap tomorrow, so they could find what is making him sick. Then when he is better, he will come home.

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Sending gentlest hugs and prayers for your little munchkin.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I sure hope they can figure out what's upsetting his little applecart. When pets are at the vet for a period of time they can start to look punky, just like humans in the hospital. It just doesn't bring out the best in anyone in the looks department.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

:getwell I am so sorry you and Tess are going through this. Most definitely white lights and healing prayers coming Moose's way!! I hope that the little peanut does really well tomorrow. Thank you for keeping us updated.

:candle:hope :hope :candle

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Thanks for asking ;)

update:

Moose is doing well. I think he and Tess are doing this R&R well together. I thought she would be a nervous Nellie, but she is calm. I'm the nervous one, so I am glad I am back to school

He has lost a little weight but will get it back. It's nothing scarey. He's just a bit smaller and he was little to begin with! He loves his food and is hungry. He's on 4 meds for a week, a perscription duck and potato, and will continue his pepcid forever. We stll don't have a specific diagnosis: could be food hypersensitivity, a flu on top of that, an overgrowth of heliocolbactor (sp), or IBD without pooping problems.

It's so good to have him home and acting like himself again. No matter how hard we have both scoured for contriban, he finds another stashed piece. We are diving to the floor to wrestle a 4 pounder for a piece of kibble.

I think we'll enter beach vollyball next season :lol

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.