Dd's Little Moose Is Very Sick

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

updates: He quit puking up last night at 11. He had a cow pattie poop at the same time. He pooped once again after that. He is not a loose pooper, so I think the AD did this as well.

No puking today. She wanted to feed him today, and another vet in the practice said NO, not after the reaction he had to the AD.

Bile acid test results are perfect. Cortisol is over 2, so we are marking liver function, shunts, and Addisons off the list.

I'm not sure when they will gve the panacur. Poop results are tomorrow a.m.

He is doing well. He is peeing and trotting back into the clinic. They are planning on trying to feed him pea sized amounts tomorrow morning. If he can keep it down, he comes home late after noon/evening. She wants to feed Royal Canin perscription duck and potato. We have asked about duck being an oily protein, but she says she has good luck with it.

If he does not keep it down, they will keep him the rest of the weekend and scope him on monday. She also said something to Tess about surgery and that she talked to me about it. The only two things we talked about were biopsies later when he is neutered if they are needed and hypertrophy of pyloris (she says doesn't fit).

I'm afraid that after the AD fiasco they will not have rested his gut enough by morning and he will puke. I keep thinking how I would feel after a flu lasting this long. I would not be ready for food anfter a high fat food puke. :(

Forgot to add: Thanks for all the prayers :)

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Guest Energy11
If they go with canned, he should be ok:

RC Potato & Duck

I believe Royal Canin bought out IVD products

Yes, Royal Canin did buy out IVD. They are all EXCELLENT products, and I would highly recommend them over Prescription Science Diet.

Pancreas test, tripto-something came back with good results. Pancreas is off the list since ultrasound looked good.

I just checked on him. The ER nurses had him out for potty, cuddles, and meds. No urping :)

Fingers crossed for food staying down tomorrow.

Thank you again for all the white light and prayers going up for Moose. We all appreciate and love you for helping our baby boy.

vr2a.jpg

Update this morning:

At 8 a.m. they started feeding him pea sized bites of the new food every hour, and as of 9:45 he has not thrown up :)

As sick as he was, he would have shot it right back out at them.

We are hopeful that he will come home this evening.

Thanks to all of you for all the prayers and good wishes. It is helping :)

vr2a.jpg

update as of 1:30 p.m.

They fed him from 8-12 a.m. once an hour, tiny bits. As of 1:30 he kept it all down. They start feeding again after a 4 hour break and will feed once an hour for those 4 hours. If all stays down, he can come home tonight. I believe the plan was that he would get a little water, too. We are hopeful.

vr2a.jpg

Thanks guys.

8 p.m.

Moose hasn't eaten since noon. He was supposed to eat again at 4,5,and 6 p.m. but doesn't want the duck and potato food. They gave him his anti-nausea meds at 7 p.m. He ate with gusto this morning. At 5 he licked his lips like he was nauseous but isn't doing that anymore. We will call back in a couple of hours.

Edited by VinnieAndRexsMom

vr2a.jpg

Sunday a.m. update

Moose did not eat the rest of the day on Saturday. He ate this monrning at 4 a.m. kept it down, ate at 5 a.m. and it came up undigested 20 min later.

They will try to feed him at 11 a.m. and throughout the day until midnight.

Tomorrow they scope or biopsy :(

We are going to see him today. My fear was that he would see up, puke, and have to stay. Not a worry now. He's staying because of this morning.

vr2a.jpg