Please Tell Me I Am

Guest koolaidnconner

Guest koolaidnconner

About 2 weeks ago Conner stood up and just started screaming, I thought maybe he had got his leg caught under the bed as he got up. I looked him over and nothing but it seemed like a little lump on his foot, not bleeding just hard. He did it once again about a week ago and also hit his foot on the screem door and cried something fierce outside, and when we said Conner do you want a cookie he came running. We wanted to see if he would walk on it as he stood there with his foot in the air.

On to today he gets up from his bed but this time I saw him, he got up and screamed and continued, he hobbled to the next bedroom and stood there screaming, I was trying to check him out and pet him to calm down, he literally screamed for almost a minute straight. There is no blood, no scrap but I found that lump I found 2 weeks ago to be a lot bigger.

connerslump009.jpg

This does not look big but compared to 2 weeks ago it has grown double the size. It almost looks like it is bleeding if you initially look at it but the lump is actually bald on top of it and it's hard. I am not sure if this is what is bugging him, and I know I need to get it checked. It is scaring me though.

Could this be the nasty thing? Can it grow on the foot? What could this be?

Yes I do coddle this boy a lot more than Kool Aid. He has been through so much that I just want him to have a normal day for once.

Hoping it's just a callous but your right to get it checked out. I would if he were mine............please keep us posted.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

I don't think it's very common for osteo to present in a toe bone. Holly has something very similar to that. Holly's is a floating bone chip...she hit a sprinkler head running in the yard and chipped off a piece of that outer bone, which is now completely separated from her toe. Could Connor have done something like that? And then rebumped it somehow, making it red and making it really hurt more?

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest koolaidnconner
I don't think it's very common for osteo to present in a toe bone. Holly has something very similar to that. Holly's is a floating bone chip...she hit a sprinkler head running in the yard and chipped off a piece of that outer bone, which is now completely separated from her toe. Could Connor have done something like that? And then rebumped it somehow, making it red and making it really hurt more?

Could very well be...I will make sure to speak to the vet about that. I did not think that Osteo is common in the toe bone but you just never know. And with him always sick and being such a drama king I tend to over react when it comes to him.

Guest budsmom

almost sounds like it could also be a histiocytoma. Kind of an odd place for one, but the rapid growth, and your description sure sound like one.

SInce Beau has been on imuran he's had several funky things going on, mostly things skin related. I hope it's nothing serious.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest koolaidnconner

He is not doing well tonight at all. This morning I had to force feed him. Tonight he won't eat at all, so my DBF and I had to go to the store and I was going to force feed him again tonight as he has lost enough weight in the last month well we got home and he had such bad diaherra that it was right across the living room floor and he is pretty blasa(sp?) tonight.

I am not going to feed him tonight. I know he has not gotten into anything. Garbage has not been touched and there is nothing around the house for him.

I am not sure what to do anymore with him. We just started a new drug 2 weeks ago and he seemed to be fine up until Friday.